The Student Room Group

If I leave my current university course will I be penalised for future applications

Hi there,

I am currently attending University of Leeds studying Chemical Engineering, I am leaving the course due to many reasons including; financial, health and family. Another reason is that I wish to study medicine

Initially, I was stuck between a Chemical engineering degree or a degree in medicine. I chose Chemical engineering as I thought it would suit me better, even though I wanted to become a researcher in developing medicines for cancer treatment etc. I thought I could do this with my chemical engineering degree but in biomedical engineering and using nanotechnology for treatments. But now that I'm at uni, my course does not interest me, and hence why I want to leave.

I plan in this year to carry out a teaching job my college teacher offered me before I left so I can get some savings. I will also be studying for my UKCAT or BMAT and gaining work experience in the NHS to help better my application. Then I will apply in Oct 2016 for my first year at university to be in Sept 2017

Will this effect my application to study medicine because I have left university?
Original post by Dango_2424564
Will this effect my application to study medicine because I have left university?

Almost certainly not.
Original post by Snufkin
Almost certainly not.

Thank you for replying !
That's a relief :smile:
Same as Snufkin.
Original post by ageshallnot
Same as Snufkin.

Thanks for replying! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending