The Student Room Group

Be careful who your friends are

A good life lessons just hit me, after two guys I thought were my friends did not even want to meet up with me at the weekend after not seeing each other for around 2 months. It did hit me quite hard because I thought these guys were genuinely my friends and we had almost 3 years of friendship. It is clear they've cut contact and I'm not going to go out my way to chase after them as I know I'm better than that. So guys, just remember to chose your friends wisely. I guess friendships come and go, but I just feel quite betrayed due to the way they cut of our friendship, but as they say life goes on. Though i'd just share this with you guys on tsr.
Wow, so deep.
In the modern world, even people are disposable. You sound mature enough to deal with it though.
Reply 3
Original post by STARRS
In the modern world, even people are disposable. You sound mature enough to deal with it though.

Unfortunatley so :frown: ... It almosts angers me how little value some people have on years of freindship. Makes me feel like I wasted my time and memories. But as I say freindships come and go.
It's the way people are nowadays. No one has any fixed roots, and friendship and family have become less important when you can reinvent yourself at the next big city you choose. Sad really.
Cool. I'm sure everyone knows to be wise about who you let into your personal life, but maybe not for this particular reason. They could've just grown tired of you, no offense. Doesn't mean they're bad people. They should just be honest if they feel a way though.
Original post by Anonymous
Unfortunatley so :frown: ... It almosts angers me how little value some people have on years of freindship. Makes me feel like I wasted my time and memories. But as I say freindships come and go.

Have you all gone off to different universities? If so then this happens.
Reply 7
Original post by Maggie_O
Cool. I'm sure everyone knows to be wise about who you let into your personal life, but maybe not for this particular reason. They could've just grown tired of you, no offense. Doesn't mean they're bad people. They should just be honest if they feel a way though.

If you are the type to just stop contact with people once you grow tired of them then you are mean. -.-.. Anyways this was just a post to make sure people chose the right group of people so they do not get hurt for no reason.
If you are the type to just stop contact with people once you grow tired of them then you are mean..

But...I just said they should be honest to you if they feel some way about you. :erm:
Reply 9
If you are the type to just stop contact with people once you grow tired of them then you are mean. -.-.. Anyways this was just a post to make sure people chose the right group of people so they do not get hurt for no reason.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that line "once you grow tired of them " this is life people are not always friends forever, not everyone has a great friend circle not everyone will be your friend for long periods you just have to learn to move on. I'd rather someone was honest about how they felt even if in a rude manner then waste my time further.

At some point you may even meet a new partner and he/she may also at some point not want to be with you, yes it's sad and it will hurt you but it's life. Only way to truly protect yourself from this is making no connections at all and that is probably more sad, so just work on your coping mechanisms, no matter how bad it gets you will meet good people.
Original post by Mancini
I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that line "once you grow tired of them " this is life people are not always friends forever, not everyone has a great friend circle not everyone will be your friend for long periods you just have to learn to move on. I'd rather someone was honest about how they felt even if in a rude manner then waste my time further.

At some point you may even meet a new partner and he/she may also at some point not want to be with you, yes it's sad and it will hurt you but it's life. Only way to truly protect yourself from this is making no connections at all and that is probably more sad, so just work on your coping mechanisms, no matter how bad it gets you will meet good people.

Yes I need to man up but I've always been the secretly emotional guy that doesn't show it
Original post by SeanFM
Have you all gone off to different universities? If so then this happens.

Kind of. They go to the same sixth form and I go to a different one.
Kind of. They go to the same sixth form and I go to a different one.

Oh right. It is tough. It does happen.
Reply 13
Yes I need to man up but I've always been the secretly emotional guy that doesn't show it

It's not about maning up , I really detest that idea, it's about understanding that there will be bad times in life but not putting yourself down so much because there will also be good times. We all cope with these situations in different ways, some worse then others I just think it's better to try and be optimistic even if it seems hard at times.
From experience, I've found that as soon as you become physically separated from friends (e.g, moving apart when uni finishes), the dynamic of the friendship changes and quite often the loss of regular contact leads to break ups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending