The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Don't need to take on a man tbh.

Passing + movement + finishing > dribbling

That's why somebody with as little skill as myself has managed to cut it consistently at the top level.

#jealous

Why would I be jealous you nonce, I've done the same, and I've done it in a role where you can't be carried by the creation of the rest of the team!!!
Original post by difeo
Why would I be jealous you nonce, I've done the same, and I've done it in a role where you can't be carried by the creation of the rest of the team!!!

Nah man, I've done it in two separate teams so it wasn't just a lucky break.

You say it like strikers don't predominantly rely on the creation of midfielders...
Their primary duty is to score goals. I score goals.
Strong logic pal
Original post by Lúcio
Nah man, I've done it in two separate teams so it wasn't just a lucky break.

You say it like strikers don't predominantly rely on the creation of midfielders...
Their primary duty is to score goals. I score goals.
Strong logic pal

Wat two teams

In fifa they should be able to do more than finish 1 on 1s with their 93 finishing and 91 shot power
Original post by difeo
Wat two teams

In fifa they should be able to do more than finish 1 on 1s with their 93 finishing and 91 shot power

Dirtybit, LÚCIO and Zeddy (cameo from Rk) won the first title.
Difeo and LÚCIO won the second title.

There's a common denominator here...

I can do more than that though. I can't go past 6 players on a run but I can create space for myself at the edge of the area. I can pass, I can get in to a good position and I can certainly finish.

If I could dribble I'd be pretty much the perfect FIFA player. We all have strengths and weaknesses. I do just fine mate.
Reply 5044
Lucio does fine. He's the best at what he does on here anyway. At ST you're regularly isolated and it can be often hard to take chances when the supply is poor.

Original post by Lúcio
Don't need to take on a man tbh.Passing + movement + finishing > dribblingThat's why somebody with as little skill as myself has managed to cut it consistently at the top level.#jealous
Movement you're decent enough at. Finishing you can finish(whether it's down to your pro or not you still take the chances) but you're not a great passer. You lay off simple passes that vary in effectiveness.Dribbling is also as important, I don't mean blindly running into traffic but the Silva style dribbles that allow you to have quick space for a pass.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Dirtybit, LÚCIO and Zeddy (cameo from Rk) won the first title.
Difeo and LÚCIO won the second title.

There's a common denominator here...

I can do more than that though. I can't go past 6 players on a run but I can create space for myself at the edge of the area. I can pass, I can get in to a good position and I can certainly finish.

If I could dribble I'd be pretty much the perfect FIFA player. We all have strengths and weaknesses. I do just fine mate.

Strong mentioning of Rk's 1 game cameo but not my 2 game contribution or Fk's 2 game contribution to the second title
You play practically every game!! Of course you'll be part of every title

ok pal
1v1 me
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Lucio does fine. He's the best at what he does on here anyway. At ST you're regularly isolated and it can be often hard to take chances when the supply is poor.

Movement you're decent enough at. Finishing you can finish(whether it's down to your pro or not you still take the chances) but you're not a great passer. You lay off simple passes that vary in effectiveness.Dribbling is also as important, I don't mean blindly running into traffic but the Silva style dribbles that allow you to have quick space for a pass.

I wouldn't even say anything about him if he didn't start it, every time
Reply 5047
Original post by difeo
I wouldn't even say anything about him if he didn't start it, every time

Lol I wasn't indirecting, well I wasn't to you at least. I don't see the point of going into dick wave mode every time you're criticized though.
(edited 7 years ago)

Yeah out of the three attributes, passing definitely isn't my strongest although it depends on the circumstance.
Since I don't like to dribble with the ball too much, I prefer to lay it off and make a run.

I won't do much passing-wise if there's more than 2 people because I'm better of laying it to you/Difeo/Dirtybit because you can pick me out when I make a run. Although I do create much more when it's just me or Difeo.

The way I see it, dribbling is a great skill to have but it's absolutely pointless if you can't finish. I get in the right positions and score the goal - just because I'm better without the ball, doesn't mean I'm any less of an important player than others.
Original post by difeo
Strong mentioning of Rk's 1 game cameo but not my 2 game contribution or Fk's 2 game contribution to the second title
You play practically every game!! Of course you'll be part of every title

ok pal
1v1 me

Pretty sure you guys played 1 game at the start tbh, and that was under no pressure at the beginning of the season. At least when Rk came in, it was in a high pressure game where we had to win.

I may play most games but if I were so bad, we'd never win the title then....
18 in 9 pal. 18 in 9.
I didn't just play 1 game ffs.

These man claiming they know **** when it was last year. Dif just jealous it took him over 600 games to win a title.

You lot get way too defensive. Just a games with no significance on your lives whatsoever.

-Rk
Original post by Rk2k14
I didn't just play 1 game ffs.

These man claiming they know **** when it was last year. Dif just jealous it took him over 600 games to win a title.

You lot get way too defensive. Just a games with no significance on your lives whatsoever.

-Rk

I played 2 in the first title win, Luke says you played 1, I wasn't there so dunno but it was a few at most so dbi

-D

Lol I wasn't indirecting, well I wasn't to you at least. I don't see the point of going into dick wave mode every time you're criticized though.

You do that without even being criticised
Original post by Lúcio
Pretty sure you guys played 1 game at the start tbh, and that was under no pressure at the beginning of the season. At least when Rk came in, it was in a high pressure game where we had to win.

I may play most games but if I were so bad, we'd never win the title then....
18 in 9 pal. 18 in 9.

2 games, how many times have you been told pal

No one's saying you're so bad, I'm saying a player who plays 95% of games winning both titles doesn't mean anything
Original post by difeo
I played 2 in the first title win, Luke says you played 1, I wasn't there so dunno but it was a few at most so dbi

-D

You're going to take the word of a guy who claims he's a team player but starts bitchin when he doesn't get an assist. Strong

-Rk
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5054
Original post by difeo

-D

Mostly in a satirical manner.
Original post by difeo
2 games, how many times have you been told pal

No one's saying you're so bad, I'm saying a player who plays 95% of games winning both titles doesn't mean anything

Coming on at 9?
Pls
Original post by Lúcio
Coming on at 9?

Lel wasn't around soz
Original post by difeo
Lel wasn't around soz

Bet you just stayed offline to try and end the streak lasting 200 days and convince people you have an actual life outside of FIFA and TSR!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Bet you just stayed offline to try and end the streak lasting 200 days and convince people you have an actual life outside of FIFA and TSR!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Banter!!!

Quick Reply

Latest