The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Lol at the Ronaldo rating. Absolute BS :lol:

Quite possibly the most overrated player in football.

Can't deny at his peak he was absolutely magnificent but I'd honestly rather have Suarez than Ronaldo.

Tbf they probably made him the best as a result of Portugal winning Euro 2016.
Original post by Lúcio

Can't deny at his peak he was absolutely magnificent but I'd honestly rather have Suarez than Ronaldo.

No doubt lol. Anyone who actually watched that whole tournament would have seen who the best player of the tournament was. It was his fellow teammate Pepe. By Fifa logic Pepe should be the best defender in the game.
No doubt lol. Anyone who actually watched that whole tournament would have seen who the best player of the tournament was. It was his fellow teammate Pepe. By Fifa logic Pepe should be the best defender in the game.

It's just ridiculous in all honesty - Ronaldo was okay but certainly wasn't standout.
I mean what has Messi done wrong to deserve a downgrade anyway?

FIFA ratings are terrible anyway - they consistently overestimate the quality of players at good teams and underestimate the quality of players at lesser teams. It hurts me to see how bad Liverpool are every year :frown:
Lol at the Ronaldo rating. Absolute BS :lol:

Nah the funny thing is how you get rustled by how a game designed for children rates your favourite player below someone else.
Original post by jam276
Nah the funny thing is how you get rustled by how a game designed for children rates your favourite player below someone else.

so who's dupe is this? :lol:
Original post by Lúcio

What a load of *******s.

Ronaldo had the better season of the two. Cant dispute that.

Besides, Ronaldo's always been better in game because of his all round stats (why he's always the most expensive player on FUT).

Finally FIFA have come to their senses.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
What a load of *******s.

Besides, Ronaldo's always been better in game because of his all round stats (why he's always the most expensive player on FUT).

Reported for having own opinion and expressing it in a logical way
Original post by Rk2k14
What a load of *******s.

He had the better season but he wasn't the better player lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Some weird as hell ratings :holmes:

Both the players are primarily valued on their ability to score goals where they are both machines; but Ronaldo is better in this area. A flashy pass from Messi where he drops back to midfield to cover the fact of not influencing a game doesn't change that
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexp98
Both the players are primarily valued on their ability to score goals where they are both machines; but Ronaldo is better in this area. A flashy pass from Messi where he drops back to midfield to cover the fact of not influencing a game doesn't change that

Why is Messi's pass rating so low then, when he's legitimately one of the best in the world in that area?

Genuinely baffled by this - I agree that Ronaldo is the perfect specimen for a FIFA game (shooting, pace and physicality) but Messi's dribbling and passing are legendary. The man won multiple trophies this season and had the highest assists in the league, yet somehow gets a downgrade?

It's sad to say but we all know the reason for it. It's because of Barca's deal with PES. Messi has gone to be the PES cover player instead, and as a result he isn't the highest rated on FIFA anymore.
Seems a little convenient that Ronaldo is suddenly better rated when Messi has consistently been higher than him for years.

Also, how is Neymar is only 1 point behind Messi?
Fair play Suarez being 92 because he's the undisputed 3rd best in the world, but why the hell is Neymar rated so highly?

EAIDS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Why is Messi's pass rating so low then, when he's legitimately one of the best in the world in that area?

Genuinely baffled by this - I agree that Ronaldo is the perfect specimen for a FIFA game (shooting, pace and physicality) but Messi's dribbling and passing are legendary. The man won multiple trophies this season and had the highest assists in the league, yet somehow gets a downgrade?

It's sad to say but we all know the reason for it. It's because of Barca's deal with PES. Messi has gone to be the PES cover player instead, and as a result he isn't the highest rated on FIFA anymore.
Seems a little convenient that Ronaldo is suddenly better rated when Messi has consistently been higher than him for years.

Also, how is Neymar is only 1 point behind Messi?
Fair play Suarez being 92 because he's the undisputed 3rd best in the world, but why the hell is Neymar rated so highly?

EAIDS.

Yeah agreed with you re the game, but irl it's hard to make a case for Messi being better than Ronaldo because Ronaldo was elite last season, despite not having the best euros himself

Messi wasn't even the best player at Barca but somehow he deserves an upgrade ahead of the guy who's favourite to win the best player in the world award.

Ok.

Also that Neymar upgrade is stupid af. Probably because he won the Olympics.:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Messi wasn't even the best player at Barca but somehow he deserves an upgrade ahead of the guy who's favourite to win the best player in the world award.

Ok.

Also that Neymar upgrade is stupid af. Probably because he won the Olympics.:biggrin:

again he's favourite to win only because he won the champions league and euros. Did he actually perform like the best player in the world? A massive no.

And I didn't say Messi deserved an upgrade by the way :wink:*
(edited 7 years ago)
again he's favourite to win only because he won the champions league and euros. Did he actually perform like the best player in the world? A massive no.

And I didn't say Messi deserved an upgrade by the way :wink:*

'Only because he won the CL and Euros".

Guarantee if that was Messi who won the CL and Confed you'd be banging on about how he deserved the award.

Well considering you think Messi should be higher than Ronaldo that would imply an upgrade:wink:
Why are people acting like it's just based on last season? If that was the case Mahrez would be above Aguero and De Gea but he's not and obviously shouldn't be.

Ronaldo had a slightly better season, Messi is the better player, Luke is right for once
Original post by difeo
Why are people acting like it's just based on last season? If that was the case Mahrez would be above Aguero and De Gea but he's not and obviously shouldn't be.

Ronaldo had a slightly better season, Messi is the better player, Luke is right for once

I think I heard something once that FIFA ratings are meant to be largely based off the last 3 seasons in order to make things more consistent. That's why you don't "normally" see huge rating increases in players after just one good season.

Based on that, it seems a little weird that Neymar is so high and Ronaldo has eclipsed Messi. Like I was saying, I think it's related to the PES/FIFA battle which is a real shame because Messi is obviously the better player.
Original post by Lúcio
I think I heard something once that FIFA ratings are meant to be largely based off the last 3 seasons in order to make things more consistent. That's why you don't "normally" see huge rating increases in players after just one good season.

Based on that, it seems a little weird that Neymar is so high and Ronaldo has eclipsed Messi. Like I was saying, I think it's related to the PES/FIFA battle which is a real shame because Messi is obviously the better player.

Neymar's position seems fine to me. 4th highest rated, and in the last 3 years he's come 3rd, 7th and 5th in the Ballon D'or. You could argue his actual rating is too close to Messi and Ronaldo, but that's because 94 is basically the limit, as Ultimate Team means they need to leave room for their upgraded cards.
Original post by Lúcio

Based on that, it seems a little weird that Neymar is so high and Ronaldo I has eclipsed Messi. Like I was saying, I think it's related to the PES/FIFA battle which is a real shame because Messi is obviously the better player.

I wouldn't say obviously Difeo, not sure why people many people seem to have an agenda against Ronaldo. The man has been the best player in the history of arguably the two biggest teams in the world in Madrid and United. How much better can you really get... He's even smashed the Pl as a kid. (Although granted I agree Messi would too)
(edited 7 years ago)
Lmao crying at FIFA ratings you mongs

Ronaldo being 94 and Messi being 93 won't change any difference when you are playing with them, FIFA ratings are just opinions

Quick Reply

Latest