The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wrong.. Lesbians people, think about it. Based on the question and answers available the correct answer is daughter (in Law).
Reply 121
Many will say "Daughter." They will come up with silly cancelation methods and stuffy like that.

When, actually, the true answer is not listed.

Here's the break down:
1.Teresa has a daughter.
2. Teresa's daughter and "I", we both have a daughter together.
3. So, Teresa's daughter is the mother of "my" daughter.

Conclusion. So, if the mother of my daughter is Teresa's daughter, then, Teresa is "my" mother-in-law. Judging that we are speaking of a heterosexual couple, "what am I to Teresa? Her Son-in-Law"

Hence, "Son-in-Law" is not listed as a possible answer.

Many will only focus on the provided answers and they will try to justify and defend their answers. Yet, most will not consider that this question is not about the provided answers but more so about "Logic" ... "Critical Thinking" ... and about how individuals think outside the box.
Its a trick question with the real answer not listed. The person states " my daughters mother ", being that 2 females cant produce a baby, this means its a male speaking. So answer is - son in law
Original post by cutelady
Is it
a) Grandmother
b) Mother
c) Daughter
d) Granddaughter
e) I am Teresa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Daughter
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cutelady
Is it
a) Grandmother
b) Mother
c) Daughter
d) Granddaughter
e) I am Teresa

Posted from TSR Mobile

daughter
not hard, seen before on some intelligence tests... I mean, 'my son/ daughter's mother/ father' where the gender is set, has gotta be the person who said it
Teresa was born immature and swapped at the incubator with Mellissa. After 12 years they were returned to their mothers but her mothers mother the paternal aunt to Teresa's grand mother was actually the lost twin to Teresa's mother so mellissa mum and Teresa's mum became siblings from the first marriage of uncle stevie . In earnest it was also worth knowing there were two Teresa's as one was from the Smith side and the other was from the Darcy family. So it also not sure which Teresa it was. As the grandmother was senior mam Teresa in the cottage and the midwife was also Teresa and Gillian's aunty the Maharani from Jaselnaggar during the Raj era was also crowned Thakurine Teressa by Earl Kippling of Ascot. And finally the bastard child of Lady Hansa from Earl Poklington was named Teresa after the midwife Tanya who was also Teresa but changed her name after the rat poisoning in the city where Mellisa and Teressa disappeared.
Teressa is either your Mother or youre Mother-In-Law.

As My daughters mother is yourself or your partner :smile:
The answer is Daughter.
Teresa's daughter is My daughters mother.
My daughters mother is ME.
(unless I'm my daughters dad which would make the answer 'son in law' )
So let's rephrase the question.
'If Teresa's daughter is (ME) what am I to Teresa?'
I'm her Daughter.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you give Teresa's daughter a name it becomes obvious. So let's call her Jane.

Jane is Teresas Daughter.

So if Jane is my baby's mum that would make me Jane and therefore I am Teresas Daughter
The question has been reframed from when originally posted yesterday (as 'Who is Theresa to me?'), to 'What am I to Teresa?'
This changes the subject of the question from Theresa/Teresa to 'me.'
Correspondingly, the answer shifts from 'Mother' to 'Daughter.'
I think "if Teresa's daughter, is my daughter, mother" then Teresa's daughter and the mystery woman would be the mums of the other daughter. so I think the mystery woman is Teresa's daughters lover or Teresa's granddaughters mother.
Teresa (my mother in law)
|
Stacey (Teresa daughter)(my daughters mother/wife)
|
Gail (my daughter)

If Teresas daughter (Stacey) is my daughters (Gail) mother (Stacey) who am I to Teresa? I'm her son in law.
(edited 7 years ago)
daughter
your teresa's daughter
Foreign Secretary
It would be the daughter because if terrisas daughter is my daughters mother well I'm the mother of my child so that leaves it as if terrisas daughter is me who am I to terrisas
SIMPLE if iI am a woman,im Theressas daughter,if im a man,im theressas son in law,it all depends on if i am male or female.and the question doesnt say,and the only available answer is daughtera
I figure the daughter. Just organised "T", "TD", and "MD" on a bit of paper and drew an arrow to where I would be lmao. I may not be as quick as everyone else but I got there in the end.
Son-in-law or daughter?
Original post by curiousduck
Daughter.

Since "my daughter's mother" = you
So if Teresa's daughter IS "my daughter's mother" then Teresa's daughter is you.

So you are Teresa's daughter hence daughter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with curiousduck, she seems to have the right idea.

Latest