The Student Room Group

Sheffield, Leeds Or Newcastle.?!?!?!?!

I feel like i was gifted by god for getting 3 medicine offers.

But i feel like theres a catch as I just don't know what to do now.

I've got accepted by sheffield, leeds and newcastle.

There all amazinng and i loved them all. I just can;t decide which one to go to.

I was wondering if theres anyone whos going, gone, or is thinking of going to one of these med schools. Who could give me some extra reasons to go to one of these med schools.

any help would be amazing

cheers
hmm well i'll tell u what idlike to be in ur shoes, 3 top med schools

i suppose it is quite hard , because for the majority of people only get 1 offer maybe 2 with very few getting 3 or 4.

and the 3 uve got all very good. mind u all med schools are good for different reasons.

i would have mentioned the course , but none of them are pbl , i know leeds is mixed system integrated.

ive heard newc is probz best in terms of 'night life'.

well newc want AAA so why not put that as firm and then either sheff leeds as insurance becoz theres no point in putting newc as firm as there offers is the highest i presume.

or u could toss a coin lol.

but well done.
Reply 2
yeah,I got a straight rejection from Leeds,but I'm undecided between Leicester, Newcastle,and Sheffield. Newcastle for the social aspect- and the accent is amazing! I'm just going to speak to a few doctors and people at school for advice, perhaps you could do the same. thats not much help I know,but there you go !
Reply 3
yeah,I got a straight rejection from Leeds,but I'm undecided between Leicester, Newcastle,and Sheffield. Newcastle for the social aspect- and the accent is amazing! I'm just going to speak to a few doctors and people at school for advice, perhaps you could do the same. thats not much help I know,but there you go !
Reply 4
Ooh tough one between Newcastle and Shef, I've got a mate at Shef she loves it, but I've heard aweeeesome things about Newcastle's nightlife!
Reply 5
Yeah thanks alot for your advice.

I guess it is between sheffield and newcastle.

I'm not very familiar with either city. I love newcastles nightlife.
But the student union is just nothing compared to sheffields.

I think i like sheffield the tiniest bit more than newcastle but its not like i can put newcastle as my second.

Does anyone know which hospitals you get attached to at sheffield in the 4th onwards years. The downfall of newcastle is i might end up miles away from the uni, but it could just be the same for sheffield, I'm not sure tho.
Reply 6
It seems like you have your heart set on Sheffield, so I say go for it.
Reply 7
I'm going to sheffield, and both times that I went they really impressed me. The students and staff are all nice, and the union is top notch.
Reply 8
i think for sheffield youre attatched to places like doncaster, scunthorpe (my hometown oh joy) or grimsby?

newcastle its places like durham or middlesborough.

Latest

Trending

Trending