The Student Room Group
Reply 1
OMFG! It's the Daily Hail! It must be all fascist lies!

*Sorry, forgot I'd left D&D.
Reply 2
daily mail :rolleyes:...

it isn't really funny... i don't like the idea that computer simulators are being developed as a replacement for real people... it's not at all the same...
Reply 3
There needs to be something between being taught about it in the classroom and stucking your fingers up someone's chuff.

PRs and inguinals are alright but PVs and testiculars are a bit intimate.
Reply 4
Revenged
daily mail :rolleyes:...

it isn't really funny... i don't like the idea that computer simulators are being developed as a replacement for real people... it's not at all the same...

It isn't a replacement for a real person it an in between phase so you read about how to do one then practice on these models and then on a patient. It is good because when you get around to doing a PR on a real person you have a bit more of an idea what to do. Though it still probably isn't the same. I know that we have models but they don't have sensors in them
Reply 5
that's all well and good if they are used like that... but don't be too surprised if it is used as a substitute for the real thing...
Reply 6
Well, at some point you're going to have to do it on a real person, sure. But if you at least have a clue what you're doing from practising on models, that's great!

It's no different from using plastic models for catheterising etc practise - it's not the same, but it lets you get used to the procedure before adding in the extra fun of having a real patient on the receiving end.
In my limited experience, sex shops don't generally provide particularly realist portrayals of the male member. Will medical students be given false expectations?
Reply 8
Huw Davies
In my limited experience, sex shops don't generally provide particularly realist portrayals of the male member. Will medical students be given false expectations?

lol yes we wouldn't want to disappoint ppl after all those years of medical training.

Latest

Trending

Trending