The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pourquoi?
Reply 2
(I think that means why :biggrin:)

My activity here is way down since I became speaker, Im going to be taking a smaller role (Qatar) which I think I'll have fun with but I think someone else deserves a turn on the Security Council :biggrin:
Reply 3
Byebye Chinese Owly. :smile:
Reply 4
*waves handkerchief*
Reply 5
Heh! Glad to have you as a neighbour Night Owl :wink:
Reply 6
oh, howdy neighbour :wink:
Reply 7
We have two candidates:

6+6=12I want to be the Chinese rep to inject some life into the MUN and the SC. China is currently in a very active position in the real UN and I don’t see why that cannot be transferred to the MUN. I would bring over a years experience to the role, a year of representing a wide range of nations in the MUN. I promise to maintain a decent level of activity and to do more than just respond to debates but to instigate them as well.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

CraghyraxAs I haven't yet had an opportunity to take on a particularly controversial role in the MUN, I feel that the Chinese position will be an enjoyable challenge.
I feel confident that I will be able to retain my consistent participation and commitment to the MUN. Since joining the MUN I have been proactive in submitting many resolutions, and after several months of active involvement, I feel I have developed the necessary experience for an SC position. I will assert and defend the interests of China with the same boldness and dedication with which I have embodied Germany.

You have up to 48 hours to question them before I will start the poll. :smile:
Reply 8
Good luck both of you :smile:
Reply 9
Nightowl
Good luck both of you :smile:

Gonna miss you :frown:
Reply 10
I'll still be here, Qataring a song a wrote
Reply 11
have you been to Qatar?? or just a random nation you picked?
Reply 12
No never been; have been to Dubai though which is fairly close :biggrin:
Reply 13
going to Dubai again on the 14th :biggrin:. And Qatar is quite nice, though I've only been as far as the airport :p:
Nightowl
I'll still be here, Qataring a song a wrote

Yeh..but Chinese Nightowl won't :hmpf: You're messing up my pretty MUN bubble :p:
Reply 15
I didn't get a chance to vote in the US rep election, and the thread has been closed (:rolleyes:), but I'd like to congratulate pfurock and say that they would have had my vote :smile:
Reply 16
To Both candidates -

What do you feel is China's current, and potential future role in :-

a) The Middle East
b) Africa (in particular the Darfur region)
Nightowl
What do you feel is China's current, and potential future role in :-

a) The Middle East
b) Africa (in particular the Darfur region)

The future relationship between Africa and China looks very positive. We feel that we have alot to invest in the region, and will be catalytic to the economic expansion and prosperity of this area; a development which is crucial to the improvement of poverty and suffering rife at present. At the same time we look forward to benefitting from what Africa can give us, as we continue to import raw materials and oil. Our role will be contribute stability through strong ties of trade and friendship.
In the same way we see ourselves as acting as a similar ally to Middle Eastern states, mindful of the clear potential of mutual benefit.
Reply 18
Taahir - don't you already represent a country? :s:
Helzerel
Taahir - don't you already represent a country? :s:

Yeh but so do I...what do you mean? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending