The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Japanese studies at SOAS

Hiii, this week I firmed SOAS for Japanese and was just wondering if anyone else has!! Also what accommodation are people applying to because I’ve started looking it and I have no idea which one to put down hahah
Original post by beepboop23695
Hiii, this week I firmed SOAS for Japanese and was just wondering if anyone else has!! Also what accommodation are people applying to because I’ve started looking it and I have no idea which one to put down hahah
Congratulations on your offer! SOAS offer accommodation for first year students in Kings Cross. It's called Dinwiddy House and it's a 20-25 minute walk from campus. It's a great way to make new friends who you can also go to classes with and its a self-catered accommodation where every room is en-suite. There's also various other university accommodation around London which hold SOAS and other university students. Some good ones are Garden Halls, Goldsmith House and Bonham Carter & Warwickshire House . All information regarding room types and prices is on the SOAS website https://www.soas.ac.uk/study/accommodation. Hope this helps!

Z
UG Arabic & IR
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Hellooo! Not the same but I just firmed SOAS for Chinese :smile: Like the student rep said, I’ll probably be putting Dinwiddy as my first choice as it seems like the best one
Original post by SOAS Student Rep
Congratulations on your offer! SOAS offer accommodation for first year students in Kings Cross. It's called Dinwiddy House and it's a 20-25 minute walk from campus. It's a great way to make new friends who you can also go to classes with and its a self-catered accommodation where every room is en-suite. There's also various other university accommodation around London which hold SOAS and other university students. Some good ones are Garden Halls, Goldsmith House and Bonham Carter & Warwickshire House . All information regarding room types and prices is on the SOAS website https://www.soas.ac.uk/study/accommodation. Hope this helps!

Z
UG Arabic & IR
At what month does Dinwiddy usually fill up? I want to put down a deposit but I wanna wait until my loan is confirmed, is that possible or a bad idea?

As for OP, I'll also be doing Japanese this year. If you wanna chat let me know.
Original post by Anonymous #1
At what month does Dinwiddy usually fill up? I want to put down a deposit but I wanna wait until my loan is confirmed, is that possible or a bad idea?

As for OP, I'll also be doing Japanese this year. If you wanna chat let me know.
omg yes pls im literally so nervous about not knowing anyone so that’d be nice hahah do u have ig?
Original post by Anonymous #1

I'd recommend sending through your deposit as soon as possible as depending on the number of students it usually fills up rapidly by September. After this point, you can email them if you are no longer able to stay there. Hope this helps:smile:

Z
UG Arabic & IR
Original post by beepboop23695
Hii ! I firmed SOAS for japanese and economics :biggrin: i’m looking at dinwiddy as its all soas students and also super central !
Original post by lanavelyy
Hii ! I firmed SOAS for japanese and economics :biggrin: i’m looking at dinwiddy as its all soas students and also super central !
Hi Congrats on firming SOAS, so excited to see you at campus very soon! And yess Dinwiddy is super central, you'll have a great time. If you have any questions about starting university, I'm here to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending