The Student Room Group

Could Jeremy Corbyn solve the ISIS problem?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ashtar
Wasn't he a Jihadist supporter ?

If you read the Daily Fail, then yes.
Reply 21
Original post by AdderDee
If you read the Daily Fail, then yes.

He called Hezbollah "friends"..
Can Jeremy corbyn even tie his own shoe laces?
Mr Corbyn would solve the ISIS problem; he'll make sure there's no Western Civilisation for them to attack!
Original post by Ashtar
He called Hezbollah "friends"..

You do realise what he meant by that? Or are you just gonna follow right wing propaganda without listening to what he had to say about it? He said 'our friends in hezbollah and hamas' in a diplomatic, polite manner. First of all, my opinions on Hezbollah do not match those of corbyn. He says that he doesn't agree with Hezbollah's actions. I 100% support them, and they are not terrorists by any definition of the word, but anti-imperial, anti-invasionist repellers. They did not attack targets in argentina - they rejected it. No terrorist group rejects credit for the actions they commit for the purpose of instilling terror - it's in the name.
Reply 25
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
I 100% support them, and they are not terrorists by any definition of the word

Not surprised at all tbqh
Original post by Ashtar
Not surprised at all tbqh

And I'm not suprised how quick you are to assume that the western media is definitely honest and correct in their judgement of them. They have never done anything unjust or morally questionable. The only unjust things that they had was their ideology before they accepted Ayatullah Fadhlallah as a spiritual guide, who told them that trying to create an islamic state in a region with so many non muslims would be unjust and that they should focus on prosperity and security for the people of the region, and Imam Ali (a.s) had done for the non muslims in persia (including iraq) and Muhammad had done for the syrian christians.
Negotiation and diplomacy with a terrorist organisation whose goal is to establish a caliphate from Sri Lanka to France in which everyone who's not a Wahabbi would either be killed, enslaved, raped or at best taxed?

I wonder what concessions he supposes ISIS would make considering they have absolutely no intention to be diplomatic or negotiate. On this basis it's obvious that this would basically equate to letting these terrorists do whatever they want.

They probably laugh at him over in Raqqa.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Negotiation and diplomacy with a terrorist organisation whose goal is to establish a caliphate from Sri Lanka to France in which everyone who's not a Wahabbi would either be killed, enslaved, raped or at best taxed?

I wonder what concessions he supposes ISIS would make considering they have absolutely no intention to be diplomatic or negotiate. On this basis it's obvious that this would basically equate to letting these terrorists do whatever they want.

They probably laugh at him over in Raqqa.

IS would kill him

Bloody Iranian shill
IS aint no problem to me they are irrelevant
Original post by DiddyDec
What does the strongest one do after being trapped and forced to fight?

Turn on those who trapped them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't see a country from the Middle East ever rising to enough power to become a threat to the West, so long as we don't allow Middle Easterners to enter our countries and don't allow our own citizens to enter theirs.
Original post by Zargabaath
I can't see a country from the Middle East ever rising to enough power to become a threat to the West, so long as we don't allow Middle Easterners to enter our countries and don't allow our own citizens to enter theirs.

I think they could. ISIS are already a threat to the west.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
I think they could. ISIS are already a threat to the west.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ISIS are a threat to the west because we still have contact with the Middle East
Original post by Zargabaath
I don't see why that's a stupid idea.

It's not a stupid idea, it's the right idea.

We can't reason with those irrational people, they can't accept democracy so we shouldn't force it on them. They contribute very little to the world, bar oil. We should just turn a blind eye and let them do whatever their religion tells them to do. If that means they kill each other because they can't agree on what happened after the death of the Prophet Muhammad then so be it.

It's not our problem.

They are only a threat to us because we intervened.
Original post by Iamyourfather
One of my friends on Facebook is a massive Corbynite, and with respect to ISIS, he says:

I think he's off his rocket but I figured there wasn't much point arguing with an extreme liberal (and vice versa). But what are your thoughts on Corbyn's views on ISIS?

I don't think you know what a "liberal" is. In any case, Corbyn isn't one, he's a collectivist, not an individualist.

He's also just a wrinkly adolescent with lots of ideas that sound nice but are completely delusional.
He's a joke. Nowhere near the solution lol
Original post by Sagacious
It's not a stupid idea, it's the right idea.

We can't reason with those irrational people, they can't accept democracy so we shouldn't force it on them. They contribute very little to the world, bar oil. We should just turn a blind eye and let them do whatever their religion tells them to do. If that means they kill each other because they can't agree on what happened after the death of the Prophet Muhammad then so be it.

It's not our problem.

They are only a threat to us because we intervened.

This is what I think too
So when ISIS where closing in around Mount Sinjar raping, torturing and killing every Yazidi and Kurd in their sight they were on the brink of slaughtering everyone Jeremy Corbyn and people of his ilk would have done nothing, if it wasn't for extremely heavy Coalition airstrikes in support if Kurdish forces then everyone on that mountain would have died is that what the moral coward Mr. Corbyn wanted?

Jeremy Corbyn seems to live in a parallel universe where the world is peaceful and the only reason for violence is because of the west.
Original post by KingBradly
I don't think you know what a "liberal" is. In any case, Corbyn isn't one, he's a collectivist, not an individualist.

He's also just a wrinkly adolescent with lots of ideas that sound nice but are completely delusional.

So, Jeremy Corbyn doesn't believe in collective (or individual) freedom and equality?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Iamyourfather
So, Jeremy Corbyn doesn't believe in collective (or individual) freedom and equality?

He's a collectivist. He's not interested in individual freedom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending