The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Got in with BBB? Interesting. Goes nicely with what I said.

And congratulations to you D8238 for doing so well.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
Hi, prospective student here! I'm looking at accommodation. General requirements for me are 39 weeks, en suite, good social life. Unfortunately according to the website that means that I won't be in the halls anywhere near the SU :frown: Leaves me with Sherbourne, Blue Bell (but too expensive unfortunately), Heronbank and Lakeside. Which halls would you recommend that fit the following bills and yet is social and a good mix of international/ UK students? (I'm an international student but would like to have a good time and mingle with everyone too.) Thank you! xx
Reply 62
Original post by UOWU
Hi, prospective student here! I'm looking at accommodation. General requirements for me are 39 weeks, en suite, good social life. Unfortunately according to the website that means that I won't be in the halls anywhere near the SU :frown: Leaves me with Sherbourne, Blue Bell (but too expensive unfortunately), Heronbank and Lakeside. Which halls would you recommend that fit the following bills and yet is social and a good mix of international/ UK students? (I'm an international student but would like to have a good time and mingle with everyone too.) Thank you! xx

Sherbourne seems to be perfect for you if money is not an issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShafTJB
If you have anything to ask, shoot away!

Okay! :biggrin:

Did you apply to Oxbridge? Are you an Oxbridge reject? Finally, do you wish you were studying at Oxbridge?

Please elaborate.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by ShafTJB

Hey, you said you were a Warwick Engineer!

I was just wondering how many people from departments other that Economcs/Accounting&Finance get into IB/Big 4 jobs. Is it hard to get insights/internships in finance from an engineering background at Warwick?

I understand Warwick is a target however was just wondering if it would be especially hard getting into a finance job from engineering since it isn't it's strongest department (but not its weakest either). I have applied to Engineering and Business studies and so will officially graduate with a degree from WBS taking modules in accounting, economics, law and management in my third year.

Are you thinking of going into engineering or something differrent, when I went to their open day some of the students had internships at PWC/Deloitte, and others were going into technology BO roles at places like GS/JP Morgan.

Thanks and see you next year!
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Hey, you said you were a Warwick Engineer!

I was just wondering how many people from departments other that Economcs/Accounting&Finance get into IB/Big 4 jobs. Is it hard to get insights/internships in finance from an engineering background at Warwick?

I understand Warwick is a target however was just wondering if it would be especially hard getting into a finance job from engineering since it isn't it's strongest department (but not its weakest either). I have applied to Engineering and Business studies and so will officially graduate with a degree from WBS taking modules in accounting, economics, law and management in my third year.

Are you thinking of going into engineering or something differrent, when I went to their open day some of the students had internships at PWC/Deloitte, and others were going into technology BO roles at places like GS/JP Morgan.

Thanks and see you next year!

If you apply for BO, you will get BO.. The course honestly doesn't matter and I can't see why Engineering (which actually makes up a decent proportion of the FO grad intake) would disadvantage you..

Mate, literally just apply to FO divisions if you want and know exactly what your division does - don't sweat the small stuff like this. Big4 is quite a simple route tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RomanKing

Did you apply to Oxbridge? Are you an Oxbridge reject? Finally, do you wish you were studying at Oxbridge?

Please elaborate.

Why do keep asking people this? Bit rude
Original post by Trapz99
Why do keep asking people this? Bit rude

I can ask anything? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can ask anything? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but using the phrase Oxbridge reject is kinda demeaning people who didn't get into Oxbridge. Also, your question is pretty useless- nothing to do with Warwick.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah but using the phrase Oxbridge reject is kinda demeaning people who didn't get into Oxbridge. Also, your question is pretty useless- nothing to do with Warwick.

I can ask anything? :smile: It has something to do with the student.
And seeing as you like looking at my posts you should have seen how no one I have asked has taken it offensive . :smile:

Please elaborate.

I feel ya.

Please elaborate.

Yes, yes, and Oxford is currently sitting eighth on my preferences for PhD courses (Cambridge is lower), which should answer your third question.
Original post by ShafTJB

Hey, i am going to study Chemistry and i want an ensuite. What accomondation would you recommend? If possible can you do it in the order of which seems best to least if money was not an issue, fitting my criteria. Plus, i really like lively atmospheres :smile:
Original post by Bhavika22
Hey, i am going to study Chemistry and i want an ensuite. What accomondation would you recommend? If possible can you do it in the order of which seems best to least if money was not an issue, fitting my criteria. Plus, i really like lively atmospheres :smile:

chem block is right next to the library so all accom, even sherbourne, is more or less equal distance :smile: rootes if you want lively atmosphere, you just need to put in the small personal statement box the extent to which you want a party loving floor.

for lively and ensuite, you need to pick jack martin or arthur vick, both are the same level of fun from what ive seen
Reply 74
All of your lectures will be in central campus in chemistry, humanities, maths or the arts centre. It sounds like you'd fit in well in jack martin although they don't have a 39 week letting so as long as you're okay with moving out over easter then its perfect.
Original post by Bhavika22
Reply 75
This might be a bit late I don't know but when choosing your accommodation consider location as you'll be part based on the gibbet hill site which is a trek from westwood so avoid at all costs! Even the main campus accommodation will be a fair walk so check out a campus map to help you decide.
Original post by Curioususer
Hi got an offer for a masters in biochem, anything to say about what the life sciences courses are like? Also what's your opinions on the different accommodations like how are the vibes different? Thank you!
P.s. The oxbridge reject thing made me laugh as it's so true XD
Anyone here for Mathematics and wanna share a room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Hey, so I've put down Warwick for DM as my first choice (really wasn't a difficult decision after visiting the place).

My question is how easy is it to get a job on campus? Where is the best place to get a job? When is the best time to apply/sort out getting one?

I've looked at other posts but can't seem to find the answers to questions like this. Thanks! :smile:
hi,

should i miss out on a nicer room and go to rootes for the social aspect or stick with JM/ AV
Original post by christylcc
Do you think i can possibly get in with ABB grades? I also have a predicted A grade for A level chinese, but I'm from Hong Kong.

depends on the course you apply for, but probably not.
have a nice day. :smile:

Latest