The Student Room Group

is it true that going a multiple cuts will hinder growth as a teenager?

im sick of 'lean' bulking at a snails pace
i want to bulk and cut, but Blaha mentioned that during your teenage years your nutrient partionting is as good as it will ever be, and that going on cuts will crash your hormones and stunt your development
Yep steroids during puberty close your growth plates so your bones will stop growing and as they anchor your muscles your muscles can never exceed the length of your bones. The net result is a muscly midget.
Original post by Tell Mincer Yet?
Yep steroids during puberty close your growth plates so your bones will stop growing and as they anchor your muscles your muscles can never exceed the length of your bones. The net result is a muscly midget.

im not talking about gear
im 6'1 but my shoulders are narrow
Blaha is somewhat prone to hyperbole especially in his older videos.

If you cut hard, then its possible, but unlikely

However in your late teens you're nutrient partitioning is GOAT. Put on dat size

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Blaha is somewhat prone to hyperbole especially in his older videos.

If you cut hard, then its possible, but unlikely

However in your late teens you're nutrient partitioning is GOAT. Put on dat size

Posted from TSR Mobile

i cant put on size unless i bulk hard though, my genetics are piss poor when it comes to strength training, its so demotivating when others train half assed and smoke me in the gym, i respond to long distance running training far better

so will it be okay to do a 1 month cut a few times a year?
What's your training like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's your training like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ICF 5x5
Original post by Straighthate
ICF 5x5

And what's your progress like? Doing any additional cardio? Sleep well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And what's your progress like? Doing any additional cardio? Sleep well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

5 mile run once a week
i had been progressing slowly but steadily before i took a break, i took 8 weeks off gym at the start of uni
im almost back to where i left off
sleep about 7 hours a day

i hadnt bothered to bulk as i didnt want to have to cut (blahas advice)
Blaha is a lying prick

ftfy LOL
Original post by SmashConcept
ftfy LOL

What he lie about training wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're at uni how many cuts are you planning to do in the ~1 year you have left as a teenager jesus
What he lie about training wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

IDK cos I don't read his training advice I just think he's an idiot and hyperbole is pretty much the same as lying when you're talking about irreparable damage that probably isn't real.
Original post by Tell Mincer Yet?

This is why TSR is the worst place for lifting advice

Cutting isn't using steroids :facepalm2:
Just fukn lol at people suggesting strength programs. Just fukn lol at supplements, or even thinking about bulking or cutting.

All I do is work out 4 times a week, medium weight, high reps, low sets. I have a 6 pack (unless I eat a huge meal:biggrin:) and I put on muscle size whilst staying lean. I would say that for a 17 year old, I'm in the top 1% physique wise. I don't even go to the gym, I work out at home, never taken a supp in my life, yet I have a much better body than guys who spend like £600 a year on ****.

I don't care if one of you permabulking neckbeards can deadlift more than me, have fun ****ing up your back. Aesthetics forever. RIP zyzz, long live jeff and scooby.
Yes, I believe it can stunt your growth if you start too early and cut too heavily. A friend of mine started INTENSE gymming at 13, don't get me wrong he is pretty big but he is what, 5 foot 5 when both his parents are tall; 95% sure he stunted his and he says he regrets stunting his growth lol. You can cut but not aggressively so until at least 16 if not later imo.

Quick Reply

Latest