The Student Room Group

Do you want to know "Why should I live?"

Hey,
I am an 18 year old boy. Now I'm in my post-teenage and certainly got this question, what is the reason for me to live a life?
everyone typically answered this: you grow, place yourself in the best job, make a family for yourself retire then at last die🤷*♂️.
I learned from one of the religious practices that life is not just about the above-mentioned. It is more about a duty.
In Hinduism, the word "dharma" means a duty.
Everyone in this world has a duty to fulfill.
You, me, everyone including ants, animals, and birds have some duty to fulfill.
let's say for example,
You are in high school now and have a fat bully who always gets in your way and makes you mentally weak and tense.
Everyone around you wants to accept it and says you can't do anything about it as everyone in the world has gone through such a situation and is still now living.
Let me say how can you make yourself mentally strong with "dharma".
According to "dharma", it is the duty of the bully to always mock you and it is your duty to fulfill your dreams to make a better zone in your school. No one can change a bully nor the creation of another bully and no one can stop you from your way to fulfilling your dharma(duty).
See even nature runs in "dharma".
Without "dharma" there is no sustainable growth and no life without sustainable growth.
A dog will always Bark because it is its Dharma(duty) to Bark and no one can do anything about it.
Here, I'm not saying to stop punishing a killer because it is his/her Dharma(duty) to kill. I'm trying to say that it is the Dharma(duty) of the killer to kill and it is the Dharma(duty) of the society to not make another kill, it is the dharma(duty) of the jury to get the killer punished.
The same works in nature too.
Without Dharma, there is no life and no growth.
IN THE END, WE ARE LIVING IN THIS WORLD TO FULFILL OUR DUTIES ONCE ARE DUTY IS OVER WE ARE TAKEN.

(CAUTION: Here I'm not trying to promote Hinduism. Though I am a Christian, I find the idea of Hinduism (i.e., Dharma) answers my question in a better way. Your positive Ideas are always welcomed).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending