The Student Room Group

Moving university

I'm currently having an issue which i cant seem to find an answer for anywhere online.
Basically, i'm currently studying at a university quite far away from home, and although the course is good due to personal and family reasons i am struggling to settle here and really wishing i went to my local university.
However, i do not wish to drop out of this year. I've looked into transferring universities after first year, however, i'm a very anxious person and i do not like the idea of joining onto a new university for second year and would like to start fresh again from first year and do the whole course from scratch.
If i pass my first year at this uni, i know it sounds stupid but it is what i want the most, am i able to go to another university and do the exact same course, starting from year one even if i have already passed year one at another uni?

Someone please help, i cannot find an answer to this anywhere.
Original post by ls1234
I'm currently having an issue which i cant seem to find an answer for anywhere online.
Basically, i'm currently studying at a university quite far away from home, and although the course is good due to personal and family reasons i am struggling to settle here and really wishing i went to my local university.
However, i do not wish to drop out of this year. I've looked into transferring universities after first year, however, i'm a very anxious person and i do not like the idea of joining onto a new university for second year and would like to start fresh again from first year and do the whole course from scratch.
If i pass my first year at this uni, i know it sounds stupid but it is what i want the most, am i able to go to another university and do the exact same course, starting from year one even if i have already passed year one at another uni?

Yes thats technically perfectly fine to do so if you wished :smile:
Reply 2
Yes, as above, you can do that. As long as you haven't been to uni before this year, you will have enough Student Finance to start a new degree from scratch if you want to. Of course, you will need to go through the application process again so there's no guarantee of a place - be realistic. If your results didn't get you a place first time round, you may be disappointed. But you will at least get an immediate offer if the uni wants you, as you already have your A Level results. They may want to see you get a decent mark for your current first year, so stay focussed if you decide to go this route.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ls1234

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
Original post by ls1234

Do you not just want to start from the second year? Not much point in doing your first year again is there? Im in the same position and I dont see why you cant switch. Id call up the ucas office or possibly your University for more information.
Reply 5
Original post by Supa Hot Fire
Do you not just want to start from the second year? Not much point in doing your first year again is there? Im in the same position and I dont see why you cant switch. Id call up the ucas office or possibly your University for more information.

A good idea, as long as the two degree courses have very similar first year module content.

However the OP would need to ask their target uni's Admissions Office. UCAS would not be able to advise on whether this was possible in the OP's individual situation. As far as UCAS is concerned, yes it is feasible but the target uni would have to make the decision. The OP's current uni would not be able to tell them whether their target uni would consider it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending