The Student Room Group

love love and love

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
As any human being to another, I do too.

i'm glad we agree on something.
Original post by peace united
i'm glad we agree on something.

Now, now, no need to judge. Just because we disagreed on one particular matter, doesn't mean we can't get along with other matters :wink:
love is not the problem PurpleMash ,it is the attachment that causes the misery. love unconditionally and you will be happy. have no expectations and you won't be disappointed forgive your lover for your own sake and move on..

Ah yes, you're right - it is the attachment that causes the misery.
What do you mean when you say to love "unconditionally" ?
You're also right that we shouldn't have expectations - however, in reality it's hard to not have expectations - having expectations is part of the package.
Now, now, no need to judge. Just because we disagreed on one particular matter, doesn't mean we can't get along with other matters :wink:

not judging just agreeing with you that's all. who said we can't get along?
not judging just agreeing with you that's all. who said we can't get along?

well said.
Original post by PurpleMash
Ah yes, you're right - it is the attachment that causes the misery.
What do you mean when you say to love "unconditionally" ?
You're also right that we shouldn't have expectations - however, in reality it's hard to not have expectations - having expectations is part of the package.

love unconditionally means to love everyone regardless of who they are, without any conditions attached.love freely.
the package is what you make it my friend.
Wait, how many more of these love threads is OP gonna make :O
Original post by ihatescience56
Wait, how many more of these love threads is OP gonna make :O

as many as it takes
love unconditionally means to love everyone regardless of who they are, without any conditions attached.love freely.
the package is what you make it my friend.

This isn't just "everyone" we're talking about, this person is a special someone, so we're bound to have some conditions because that's what makes it true love. Of course we'll need to have expectations. For example, I'm sure you would expect your SO to spend some time with you during the day, whether it be online or in person. If you don't have ANY expectations from that person...that's not true love mate. That's just "careless" love and not being serious about it.
Reply 29
Most important type of love is to love yourself.

Forget what other people think of you. Get yourself in the mindset of knowing that you are special, that you can achieve things no one else can if you set your mind to it. If you don;t love yourself it's difficult for someone else to love you. Be happy...smile! Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies but try your best to stand up to the challenges you face and fight through them.

Never underestimate the power of love. You family, friends, partner... but most importantly yourself!
Interesting. Ever heard of Narcissus, the man who loved someone else and himself too much?

Ever heard of the word 'mythological'?
Attachment not found
Original post by BSreject
Most important type of love is to love yourself.

Forget what other people think of you. Get yourself in the mindset of knowing that you are special, that you can achieve things no one else can if you set your mind to it. If you don;t love yourself it's difficult for someone else to love you. Be happy...smile! Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies but try your best to stand up to the challenges you face and fight through them.

Never underestimate the power of love. You family, friends, partner... but most importantly yourself!

totally agree. the power of love is the greatest power.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending