The Student Room Group

Over thinking what I said to my boyfriend last night… is this wrong?

My boyfriend asked me if I believe in love at first sight (he said he doesn’t) and I said I believe in it but I’ve never experienced it which he understood.

But later when we were speaking more into this topic a slip of my tongue said “I’ve never had a love” then I realised what I said and added “except you”. He didn’t really notice but I’m scared my subconscious thinks I don’t love him but around him I feel like I do??

I’m now majorly overthinking why I would tell my own boyfriend that I’ve never been in love when I say “I love you” to him all the time casually. If it’s the case that I’m not in love with him, is it wrong to date him if I know he’s in love with me? I like him but I’m unsure what the feeling of love is so don’t know if I am.
Dating when you don't love them is tricky, but idk, I found that feelings can grow over time, it depends on how long you've been together / whether you think those feelings will grow there. A good first step would be to sit down and try t understand your own feelings before you make another move.
Original post by PJCrispy
Dating when you don't love them is tricky, but idk, I found that feelings can grow over time, it depends on how long you've been together / whether you think those feelings will grow there. A good first step would be to sit down and try t understand your own feelings before you make another move.

we first met up in may, were “seeing” eachother then because official last month. is that long enough to know you love someone? We got on well and wanted to kiss/have sexual relations so thought hey might aswell be bf and gf then. Is this enough for a relationship?
Original post by Anonymous
we first met up in may, were “seeing” eachother then because official last month. is that long enough to know you love someone? We got on well and wanted to kiss/have sexual relations so thought hey might aswell be bf and gf then. Is this enough for a relationship?

IDk man, its a bit early, but it can happen. The only person who can answer that question is yourself. You just need to evaluate your own feelings.
Original post by PJCrispy
IDk man, its a bit early, but it can happen. The only person who can answer that question is yourself. You just need to evaluate your own feelings.

How tf do I evaluate my feelings though it’s so confusing lol
How tf do I evaluate my feelings though it’s so confusing lol

For me, I was just with my SO one night and it hit me, that I love this girl. That I would do anything to ensure that she has the best life possible. if you know that you love them, then it was a slip up and it shouldn't matter. don't say you love them, simply love them. actions speaking louder than words etc etc. but if you don't love them / are unsure about loving them, then you just have to spend time falling in love. that's all it is. idk, its just time. sleep on it is my advice. spend time with your so, and go from there.
Reply 6

It's enough for a sexual relationship, but do you know enough about each other in terms of views on careers, ambitions and finances for it to be sustainable long-term?
Original post by Surnia
It's enough for a sexual relationship, but do you know enough about each other in terms of views on careers, ambitions and finances for it to be sustainable long-term?

honestly... i feel that ur not good in like giving actual advice ppl can use man...
Reply 8
honestly... i feel that ur not good in like giving actual advice ppl can use man...

And you're not that good at writing in plain English. Where's the constructive criticism? You've said you think I'm wrong, but not why you think that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending