The Student Room Group

Would you stay in a relationship that may not have a future?

We're all relatively young here so if you felt that your relationship may not have a future (maybe because of your partner) would you stay in it?

Do you think that people like us should experience relationships with more people?

I personally think that if I found someone at my age (I'm 18) and I found that I'd like to have a future with them then they'd be great for me. I recently split from my partner because of this.

Scroll to see replies

[scroll] it's best to live in the moment and not think about how someone else fits into your future. You don't have to be intense and start thinking about intense topics like compatibility and the future, that's just way too intense. If it feels alright, then carry on. If something better comes along, then you can change things up. Relationships aren't meant to be taken seriously, it's supposed to be a little bit of fun because life can be stressful, it's better just to relax and chill out and be laid back and easygoing rather than constantly planning for and worrying about the future [/scroll]
Reply 2
I have been with my boyfriend since I was 17, he was 17 also. We're now 20 and both just started Uni. Honestly, it's been really rocky. Mostly because we're meeting new people and just getting used to one another hanging out with new people. We've had what feels like thousands of fights, we had one today. But we are equally determined to stay together forever (very idealistic, we know). What you feel is what you feel. If you look in to that person's eyes and see a future together then girl fight for that love.
Nope
If it wouldn't have a future then no.
I wouldn't want my feelings towards someone to continue to grow, then have my heart broken when I can't be with them.
(edited 8 years ago)
no, r u dumb? time waste and heart break.
Reply 6
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
[scroll] it's best to live in the moment and not think about how someone else fits into your future. You don't have to be intense and start thinking about intense topics like compatibility and the future, that's just way too intense. If it feels alright, then carry on. If something better comes along, then you can change things up. Relationships aren't meant to be taken seriously, it's supposed to be a little bit of fun because life can be stressful, it's better just to relax and chill out and be laid back and easygoing rather than constantly planning for and worrying about the future [/scroll]

Damn that took a while to read 😂😂
Nope.why bother staying in a relationship if you're both not satisfied of where it's going or content with it? There's ups and downs but if you still don't feel happy after all of that then some reevaluation needs to be done.

I would rather be in a relationship where both parties are satisfied that it's going somewhere than waste my time and somebody else's and stay with each other just for the sake of being in a relationship. I was with my first ex for 6 years and then in the end it didn't work out so we ended it. Better that way
I'm pretty sure most enter relationships with hopes of them lasting or leading onto something, cruel to do otherwise e.g. just to have short-term fun imo or staying in one when you don't see yourself together later on.
Nope I've had enough of heartbreaks
No. It was one of the reasons why I didn't get into a relationship with someone. (amongst other stuff)
Original post by Lunch Money
We're all relatively young here so if you felt that your relationship may not have a future (maybe because of your partner) would you stay in it?

Do you think that people like us should experience relationships with more people?

I personally think that if I found someone at my age (I'm 18) and I found that I'd like to have a future with them then they'd be great for me. I recently split from my partner because of this.

No... why would you?

Spoiler

I wouldn't get into a relationship with some kind of end goal or anything, as long as we both made each other happy and wanted to be a couple I wouldn't mind, maybe that'll change when I get older though :smile:
I don't understand. Nobody gets into a relationship knowing it is absolutely, certainly, going to work out. There's always going to be uncertainty there.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. When getting into a relationship, if I saw no future with them that would imply I would see myself breaking up with them... so then... why would I be with them in the first place? I'm very confused.

Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3

It's best to not make posts that take 12 years to get to the end of.
If I was unsure how far the relationship might go, then I would stay until I had a clearer idea of what the future held.

For example, when I met my boyfriend, I was only just 17, he was 29, I was at college and we lived and hour apart from each other. I was very aware that it might not last because the odds were against us, but we liked each other, so I stuck with it.

Now we've been together for nearly five years, I've been through university and and we're living together, so I'm glad I didn't dismiss it out of hand because of age/distance (like some people thought I should).

If, however, I decided that it wouldn't work out, or that I didn't want to be with someone long-term, then I would definitely end it. Not only is it pointless stringing out a relationship that's not going anywhere, I also think that it's stupid to waste time with the wrong person when you could be meeting Mr/Mrs Right.
No idea!

If people wrote off a relationship because they were uncertain of it's future then nobody would get together ever.
Original post by samina_ay
no, r u dumb? time waste and heart break.

Yep, I'm very dumb. Yet you remember that I clearly said I split with my partner for this very reason; I simply want to get opinions from others because there are people that do this because they'd rather "test the waters" or something stupid.
No I wouldn't. I'm not into casual relationships and flings so would only considering going out with someone I could see myself being with long term.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending