The Student Room Group

Is anyone not taking part in Black Friday?

Scroll to see replies

I am so broke I can't even afford to shop on black friday :bawling::bawling:
Original post by OU Student
May take part in Cyber Monday, depending on what deals there are. But there's no way I'm taking part in Black Friday. Tempted to do Buy Nothing Friday. But I need food. Arse.

You're asking the wrong question, You should be asking if anyone is taking part, because 99% of people almost certainly won't be.
I got the majority of my Christmas shopping done this morning. Disappointing that, especially with clothes, it will all be reduced again just after Christmas.
Me. Because I live 6000 miles away lmfao.
Can't you just shop online for things? I'm not stepping inside a shopping centre
Not me... I find it quite humiliating running frantically and desperately around a shop looking for the best deals, whilst everyone else is trying to tackle me to the ground for the same product. It's ridiculous.
Reply 46
No, because the so called deals aren't that good. Black Friday is a big thing in America because you can buy things at a fraction of the price. Here, we have deals you'd see on any other day but with shops slapping Black Friday over it, and gullible people are falling for it, thinking they're getting an amazing deal.
If you can remind me what it is.

(Okay I remember a bit, having read a few articles about the hordes outside stores in the USA.)
I only buy stuff I need, don't need anything right now. :P
Original post by samina_ay
i've nearly spent 200 pound this week lool. Someone needs to stop me asap.

stopppppp!!!! :angry:
Tick Tock, limited stock!

:rofl:
I want to take part but in school :angry::angry:
I feel like Black Friday is just a way for retailers to get rid of Junk that has been sitting in their sale box too long...
Reply 53
If I needed any of the things on sale; I'd have already bought them. So no, I won't be buying anything extra today.
I'm convinced Black Friday wasn't a thing until a few years ago.
I'd rather not partake in an undignified American tradition if it's all the same to you :colonhash:
I'm not LOL
I wouldn't want to get run over.
There were a couple of electronics items I've been needing and so I put them off today in case I could get them cheaper. Went to Amazon/Argos/Currys/etc this morning and there's either no price reduction or around 5% off. Big deal.
Original post by TypicalTSR-er
I'm convinced Black Friday wasn't a thing until a few years ago.

That's cos it wasn't.

Quick Reply

Latest