The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever studied health and social care at uni?

Hi I am from the U.K. And have been very interested in health and social care from I first started studying it in sixth year, I am just wondering has anyone ever studied the course? A lot of people say that it doesn't actually qualify you to do anything I'm just not sure
Original post by Elliecxo
Hi I am from the U.K. And have been very interested in health and social care from I first started studying it in sixth year, I am just wondering has anyone ever studied the course? A lot of people say that it doesn't actually qualify you to do anything I'm just not sure

I almost did social care & Health studies at uni but changed my mind. It's very broad, is there anything in particular you'd like to do?
Reply 2
I'm really not sure, I would love to work within the hospitals but I'm still really unsure
I'm really not sure, I would love to work within the hospitals but I'm still really unsure

Then it might be good for you. What about nursing?
Reply 4
But that doesn't qualify you to be a nurse then I would have to go on and do a degree in nursing :frown:
But that doesn't qualify you to be a nurse then I would have to go on and do a degree in nursing :frown:

You could apply for nursing instead of health and social
Reply 6
The unis over here won't take me for nursing because my a levels are btec

Have you looked at other universities' requirements? Or an access to nursing course?

Yeah what forest cat said. You don't have to go to a uni near you. Where are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest