The Student Room Group

What is the best University for Computer Science

What is in your mind the best university for computer science.
Thanks a lot:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi ahsenrauf

Loughborough's Department of Computer Science has been ranked joint first in England for its learning resources and a top 3 for overall satisfaction, so it is a great place for you to study. We have fantastic links to the industry and 94% of our graduates are in employment or further study within 6 months of graduating.

Have you looked at our Computer Science website? You will find lots of information about the courses and the university, which will be helpful to you whilst making your decision. If you have any specific questions relating to your grades and entry requirements, you can contact the department directly on 01509 222939 or at [email protected]

Hope this helps,

Amy :smile:
Reply 2
Surrey Uni is the best as they do a year in the industry placement as part of the course. invauable experience.
Reply 3
Original post by ahsenrauf
Wow thank you so much. I would consider Loughborough as my first choice. Where are these statistics from. If I may ask

Out of your unis I'd choose Manchester or Birmingham.

Try not to be too skewed by statistics. But if you want to see some, the most commonly referred to ones are:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=computer%20science

http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2015/may/25/university-guide-2016-league-table-for-computer-science-information
Wow thank you so much. I would consider Loughborough as my first choice. Where are these statistics from. If I may ask

Hi ahsenrauf

No probs :smile:

These particular statistics were taken from the National Student Survey 2015 and DLHE 2014.

Amy
What is in your mind the best university for computer science. I am studying in IB and i feel i can get a score of 36. I have narrowed down the choices based on personal views. University of Leeds, University of Manchester, University of Birmingham, University of Loughborough. Out of these Manchester has the highest requirement of 37 so maybe it would be a little out of reach in the future. Im also a huge Manchester United Fan and would like to be there to watch their games. Manchester would be my first choice so if you could rank these universities based on their curriculum and resources available.
Thanks a lot

manchester is sick
Well Loughborough too requires 37 points
Reply 7
The OP is probably already in Uni by now so any further posts are a little pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending