The Student Room Group

Feeling embarrassed, don't want to face anyone :\

Hi all,

So today I've been having cramps all day, and coincidentally I had a French Exam. My French Exam was supposed to start at 2 o'clock, but I was in the toilet s taking some tablets, and the time flew by, I eventually got to the Hall at 1:55, to see the (always) annoyed face of my French teacher, who pointed out the obvious, that I was late. I acknowledged this and walked past her (I had/have no time for bulls**t this week) and sat down, but as I walked to my seat, which was right at the front, I could feel everyone's eyes on me. My heart was racing with fear and embarrassment, yet, at the same time, I wasn't bothered, because at the moment I'm just isolating myself from everyone and I'm trying not to let people's opinions get to me.

I told my mum and brother about this, and they reassured me that everyone has their embarrassing moments, and that I just need to go to school with my head held high - but I can't help feel some anxiety and nervousness, especially due to the fact that I have a French lesson tomorrow. I don't really have a plan, as I know questions will be asked as to where I was. But I do know that if anyone pushes me I will snap. i wish this didn't happen, it's my birthday on Sunday, and to be honest it's not been the best month, or school year so far, and I wanted everything to go swimmingly, but now, deep down, I feel humiliated. It's not like the exam had started without me but we did finish 2 minutes after "hometime" and it's probably my fault.

What should I do tomorrow, and please don't lecture me, as it's totally uncharacteristic of me to do such a thing, as I'm ALWAYS punctual. But I just need a bit more peace of mind.
Explain to your teacher (to the best of your ability in French) what happened.
Reply 2
Take a deep breath. Listen to me carefully...

You have nothing to be embarrassed about.

You took 2 minutes to attend to your own needs when you felt a little out of sorts before your exam. Everyone was tense and screw-faced because it was an exam. It's okay. Tell anyone that asks that you're sorry but you needed to pop some painkillers rather than being in pain for the duration. Most people have likely forgotten about it already.
You shouldn't worry about it, I am sure most people have forgotten about it. Especially since they had an exam straight after! I doubt your teacher and class would ask but if they do, just tell them that you had a stomach ache. Really, it's nothing to worry about :hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending