The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
Ah okay. I've been watching anime for some years myself but tbh. mainly long running (shonen) series. It's more recently I've begun watching one of series and things which are 12 or 24 episodes! There's a lot out there to watch. I know I also have some older things to watch. Like I've not seen any SG things and they're meant to be good. What do you use to keep track of what's in the summer or winter?

Ooh, thanks for explaining how to link the URL :smile:. So obvious too :tongue:. Silly keron. You'd think I'd think of it as I know HTML and bbcode is similar-ish.

Thanks. I'll have a look at their descriptions. The other music anime I was poorly describing is Your life in April or Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

And the magic HS one is Chivalry of a Failed Knight. I've now seen a lot of these HS ones and let's say they have their similarities :tongue:. My favourite is Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei though. I read the light novels. Read the first 11 some time ago and i've 3 more to read. I get the scans on Baka-Tsuki.

Like AJ I write seasonal previews for my blog so I can keep track pretty easily - Anime-Planet & MAL help a lot too! But the most useful sources for a quick look at what's coming up each season are probably AniChart.net, Neregate's charts or Senpai Charts.
So finishing Kill La Kill has gotten me back into the swing of things - I'm close to finishing Silver Spoon 2 despite being at the start earlier today, i've watched the 2nd episode of noucom and subsequently dropped the series, i've started Angel Beats (very much overdue as a Key fanboy) and the second series/half of Black Lagoon.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
So finishing Kill La Kill has gotten me back into the swing of things - I'm close to finishing Silver Spoon 2 despite being at the start earlier today, i've watched the 2nd episode of noucom and subsequently dropped the series, i've started Angel Beats (very much overdue as a Key fanboy) and the second series/half of Black Lagoon.

I've been really needing to watch KLK, especially with how much i loved the style of Gurren Laggan (and that it basically got me into anime).

Angel Beats was a pretty decent anime, but felt very rushed. I think it would have benefited from more episodes to flesh out the characters. I haven't watched a lot of Key stuff though, aside from Clannad which i absolutely adore.

Ive also been meaning to finish Black Lagoons second half lol:tongue:
Anime I've finished recently are Trigun... and thats about all. Honestly i expected to finish more anime, considering this time last year i started and finished the entirety of FMA Brotherhood through the holidays.

I guess im just busier these days.:biggrin:
Picked up bokurano, definitely enjoying it. Has anyone watched log horizon, ergo proxy or ghost in a shell? Would you recommend watching any of these?
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Picked up bokurano, definitely enjoying it. Has anyone watched log horizon, ergo proxy or ghost in a shell? Would you recommend watching any of these?

I've seen Log Horizon and Ghost in the Shell. LH is not a Sword Art Online clone but it's fairly similar - if you liked SAO then you'll probably like Log Horizon, it's nothing earth-shattering or original though. Not really sure what to think about Ghost in the Shell, I think it went over my head a bit. Animation and music is great though.
Reply 106
Hey guys, I just got accepted into the group, so hello to you all! :smile:

Can anyone give me any anime film recommendations? Bit of a vague question but I haven't seen many other than; The Wolf Children, 5cm per second, Studio Ghibli's collection, Summer Wars, Sword of the Stranger (My favourite), and a couple of others.
Original post by Drakos
Hey guys, I just got accepted into the group, so hello to you all! :smile:

Can anyone give me any anime film recommendations? Bit of a vague question but I haven't seen many other than; The Wolf Children, 5cm per second, Studio Ghibli's collection, Summer Wars, Sword of the Stranger (My favourite), and a couple of others.

Welcome once again! Here's a few that I liked, hope that something catches your interest. :smile:

Tokyo Godfathers (bit late since it's a Christmas film, but amazing nonetheless :p: )

Giovanni's Island

They Were Eleven

Tekkon Kinkreet

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Reply 108
So I watched Clannad and Clannad after story

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Silver Spoon is all finished now... Dare I try to finish K-On!? Only around 5 episodes to go :frown:
Original post by zanner

Spoiler

One of my faves, absolutely love clannad!:biggrin:
Original post by Plagioclase
I've seen Log Horizon and Ghost in the Shell. LH is not a Sword Art Online clone but it's fairly similar - if you liked SAO then you'll probably like Log Horizon, it's nothing earth-shattering or original though. Not really sure what to think about Ghost in the Shell, I think it went over my head a bit. Animation and music is great though.

Thanks 😀,never watched Sao but I'll prob watch LH anyway
Reply 113
Original post by zanner

Spoiler

Clannad & Clannad After Story is absolutely brilliant. Underrated in my book.
Reply 114
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Welcome once again! Here's a few that I liked, hope that something catches your interest. :smile:

Tokyo Godfathers (bit late since it's a Christmas film, but amazing nonetheless :p: )

Giovanni's Island

They Were Eleven

Tekkon Kinkreet

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

I loved Tokyo Godfathers. I think I may give it a re-watch soon and the others I haven't heard of before, so thank you for the list. :smile:
OK yeah, REALLY loving Tokyo Ghoul so far. Sad it's so short though :cry2:

Is there a season 2? Did we clarify that?
Original post by Alexion
OK yeah, REALLY loving Tokyo Ghoul so far. Sad it's so short though :cry2:

Is there a season 2? Did we clarify that?

Yeah, there's a second series. Opinions are pretty divided on it though, as it diverted from the manga in a big way. 'Flawed but fun' is how I'd describe it. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Yeah, there's a second series. Opinions are pretty divided on it though, as it diverted from the manga in a big way. 'Flawed but fun' is how I'd describe it. :yes:

I'm a I love everything sorta guy so I reckon I'd enjoy it :h:
Just finished Angel Beats! Why on earth didn't I watch this 3 years ago when I got into anime? Another outstanding anime from Key. However the one issue I have (and what seems to be raised a lot) is that they shouldn't have crammed this into 13 episodes but rather a 24-26 episode series.

Unfortunately that concludes the vast majority of Key adaptations (or rather the successful ones) for me. Back to the drawing board I guess :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest