The Student Room Group

Hilary Clinton is by far the worst possible candidate for President - how isn't she?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zweihander
No, not because she's a woman. Because she's a Democrat, and overall they are definitely a lesser evil than the Republicans. If it was up to the Republicans, the US would be back in the times of the Industrial Revolution.

wow, it's like I'm replying to my 16 year old self. cringe.
you think there's really *any* real difference between mainstream republican politicians and mainstream democrats on economic policy? :lol: wow.
Original post by sleepysnooze
you think there's really *any* real difference between mainstream republican politicians and mainstream democrats on economic policy? :lol: wow.

You really think there isnt? :lol:

It seems I am the one speaking to the juvenile.
Reply 22
She is better than Donald trump. He's racist, sexist, makes fun of the disabled, creepy ( said he would date his own daughter ). I'm not her fan but she's an angel compared to Trump.
You really think there isnt? :lol:

It seems I am the one speaking to the juvenile.

effectively there isn't, no! they all have the same agenda - it's not even to the degree like miliband and cameron - it's like cameron and...george osbourne - sure they might have technical differences, but realistically, not quite in the broader sense
Original post by lilylf
She is better than Donald trump. He's racist, sexist, makes fun of the disabled, creepy ( said he would date his own daughter ). I'm not her fan but she's an angel compared to Trump.

1) how is he *buzzword number 1* racist?
2) how is he *buzzword number 2* sexist?
3) he makes fun of the disabled how?
4) oh shut up - saying that his daughter is beautiful means nothing
By the way, Hillary Clinton has more donors /donations from Arms companies than ANYONE else.

If there is any more evidence you need of the chaos that may ensue the middle east with this war lord as president.
No, not because she's a woman. Because she's a Democrat, and overall they are definitely a lesser evil than the Republicans. If it was up to the Republicans, the US would be back in the times of the Industrial Revolution.

That's why they just voted through a US$1.1 trillion financial package. And patted themselves on the back for it.

Seriously, you need to rely less on strawmen and vulgar caricatures of political parties and embrace empirical fact.

Bingo. The Republicans just pushed through the omnibus bill which will result in yet more borrowing, yet more spending, yet more stealing from the unborn, and this guy posts his ridiculous, anti-empirical caricatures and smears on this thread.
Reply 28
1) how is he *buzzword number 1* racist?
2) how is he *buzzword number 2* sexist?
3) he makes fun of the disabled how?
4) oh shut up - saying that his daughter is beautiful means nothing

Do you even know anything about Donald Trump? I would do the research for you but in simple words he wants to ban muslims and mexicans from entering the country, there have also been times at his campaigns where black people and latino's were verbally abused and he did nothing. He forced his ex wife into sexual acts and he has said many things where he has said he views women as objects and that women cannot be businesswomen and a wife. There is an actual video of him making fun of a disabled man...look it up. and he literally said that if his daughter was not his daughter he would be dating her..if my dad said that about me I would be deeply disturbed as that is creepy. These are just a few things that I know but he's done so much more awful things?..do your research?
Reply 29
Oh wow...the responses here...

I'd much rather have Trump in the oval office than either Sanders or Clinton.

Not that he'd make a great president, but I will really enjoy the tears shed by the leftie PC libs if he does win it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Am I the only one who likes O'Malley?
I am glad I am not the only person who views her as a militarist. I found that her attitude as secretary of state to be very aggressive to nations, gunboat diplomacy seems to be her style.
Original post by lilylf
Do you even know anything about Donald Trump? I would do the research for you but in simple words he wants to ban muslims and mexicans from entering the country, there have also been times at his campaigns where black people and latino's were verbally abused and he did nothing. He forced his ex wife into sexual acts and he has said many things where he has said he views women as objects and that women cannot be businesswomen and a wife. There is an actual video of him making fun of a disabled man...look it up. and he literally said that if his daughter was not his daughter he would be dating her..if my dad said that about me I would be deeply disturbed as that is creepy. These are just a few things that I know but he's done so much more awful things?..do your research?

1) muslims aren't a race, neither are mexicans. and he has expressed that he actually likes mexicans a great deal of times - he has expressed, however, dislike at the reality of *illegal* immigration from mexico. that's not racism, unless trying to get a properly regulated national border is racist, in which case it is racist to even have borders and national citizenships.
2) regarding muslims, he is clearly basing immigration policy on foreign policy - that isn't inherently racist. although, I concede, that banning all muslims, as opposed to individuals from certain parts of the middle east (e.g. saudi arabia, syria, iraq, palestine, etc) wouldn't be prudent, because muslims from malaysia and indonesia, obviously, aren't problematic or dangerous. regarding eurasia (as this was where the bostom bombers came from) that's a different matter which is difficult to determine.
3) "he did nothing" - what did you want him, specifically to do? also, you can say that about any politician - I'm sure hilary clinton has been in the same situation and people have simply been too preferential to call her out on it. it's not racist to not be an active warrior in the face of general nuisances like morons.
4) "forced his wife to perform sexual acts"? got proof? that's a highly burdenous claim.
5) it would be true if he were to say "women have a harder time in business" because it's ****ing true - businessmen (or "businesspeople" as the gender neutral phrase would be) have a life of continuous and devoted work, and to take time out is to massively risk your success - thus, when women (typically) take time out to raise children (they prefer to do it more than men in this culture, whether you like their preference or not) would be to place upon themselves a disadvantage. that is empirical. it isn't a matter of fairness. it is a matter of reality. if you want to raise children, you must take time off.
5) show me the video of the disabled man. if it's the case of him telling a disabled man to stand up when he was in a wheelchair (I think that was him, right? or maybe it was somebody else) joe biden did the exact same thing a few years ago.
6) again, I fail to see how that is incestuous. he is saying if she WASN'T his daughter. if my mother said it I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that she meaning it incestuously - that's insane. that's like saying if your mother calls her son "handsome", then she's wanting incest. you are so biased that it's painful! jesus christ.
7) "do you research" - yes? this is how I even came to my conclusion of this thread in the first place. why would I blindly assert claims without knowledge? I'm not saying "vote trump because he's a man" effectively, like the clinton brigade does with clinton regarding her status as a woman.

you are just like all the other clinton sheep - you perceive trump as racist because he says potentially politically-incorrect things. political correctness =/= anti-racism though. it is simply potential ammo for fools like you who would vote emotionally, or for personality-politics-based aspects.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lord_hanson
I am glad I am not the only person who views her as a militarist. I found that her attitude as secretary of state to be very aggressive to nations, gunboat diplomacy seems to be her style.

Indeed.
Hillary is gonna win this stuff is pre determined
Reply 35
Considering Trump has lost the Hispanic vote and the Muslim vote and possibly, the Japanese vote, its hard to see how he can win against Clinton unless Americans want a 4 year tragi-comedy act to lighten their lives and show the rest of the world they have a sense of irony.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am an enthusiast for Hillary. She is experienced, a very hard worker, highly intelligent, knows how to get things done in the system as it is, and has a genuine warmth to her that I like. Like any pol, her positions are flexible and pragmatic far more than ideologically consistent. SHe has all the makings of an excellent president, certainly far beyond any of her opponents.

Few people know, for example, that Bernie Sanders does not have a single piece of legislation with his name on it - all he can do is talk. Of the GOP field, only Kasich and Bush have the experience to govern, but there is no way they can get the nomination.

As I understand it, only a small tranche of voters are actually voting for her because of her gender, though many find it inspiring that she is a woman. I do, but then I am a male feminist.
I'll take Clinton over Trump any day of the week.

When it comes to politics, voting is really just deciding who the lesser evil is.

Agreed. Clinton's record as Secretary of State wasn't perfect (she misjudged the ability of the NTC in Libya to form a stable government for example) but compared to Trump, who believes that the truth can change if he wants it to, she is infinitely better.

An extreme case would be the 1992 Louisiana governor race between Democrat Edwin Edwards (a corrupt former governor who would later serve time in federal prison) and Republican David Duke (a Neo-Nazi, conspiracy theorist and a former Grand Wizard of the KKK). Edwards won by 61-38.
(edited 8 years ago)
X

I agree Bernie sanders is the best solution for america. The problem is the democrats will never chose him. unlike hillary he doesn't have the support and backing of the big banks and corporate/industry. Hillary Clintons top 5 donors are Big banks, including goldman sachs, JP Morgan, etc..
The whole system is set up in such a way that unless you have multi-million donations to be able to keep up and run ads/ great campaigns you don't stand a chance. Bernie sanders raised $42M donation from regular voters/supporters. Hillary is approaching $2b

Trump is actually similar to bernie sanders in this respect. The establishment hates him even though he is as pro-industry/capatilism/corporate as you can get. I think its cause since he called out the private donors/banks for corruption and since he refuses to accept money from them he'll be much harder to control..
Original post by alcibiade

Few people know, for example, that Bernie Sanders does not have a single piece of legislation with his name on it - all he can do is talk. Of the GOP field, only Kasich and Bush have the experience to govern, but there is no way they can get the nomination.

Actually recently Bernie's campaign presented a slew of policies which washington considers 'radical' on climate change. Aiming to cut carbon polution by 40% in 2030 and 80% in 2050. and also planning to heavily fine companies in proportion to the amount of pollution they emit. You don't usually here much on Bernie the Media doesn't report on him much despite him being #2 and gaining on hillary. The details are here:

http://www.vox.com/2015/12/7/9861048/sanders-climate-plan

In regards to the GOP field, Bush lost his chance of winning long ago. I think its more to do with is personality and how he seems as a person, during the GOP debates he performed terribly and gave off a week ish-body-language impression. Even though Trump is leading right now I think Marco Rubio will win or Ted Cruz, thats where the private donors/banks are putting their money at. The funny thing is Ted Cruz is just like Donald Trump the only difference is he knows when to keep his mouth shut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending