The Student Room Group

Poland plans policies to counter "years of liberalism"

Campaigners are planning to step up resistance to Poland’s ultra-conservative government after it cleared a constitutional path for hard-line law changes, expected to include a total ban on abortion and curbs to gender and human rights.

“There will be moves against gender studies in universities and a clampdown against schools that try to offer sex education. Subsidised cultural institutions will be very exposed.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/23/protests-in-poland-as-proposesd-laws-curtail-womens-rights

Scroll to see replies

As someone who originates from Poland, I am deeply ashamed of this and do not support it.
Good ol' right-wingers, eh?
Reply 3
Original post by Nephthys
Campaigners are planning to step up resistance to Poland’s ultra-conservative government after it cleared a constitutional path for hard-line law changes, expected to include a total ban on abortion and curbs to gender and human rights.

“There will be moves against gender studies in universities and a clampdown against schools that try to offer sex education. Subsidised cultural institutions will be very exposed.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/23/protests-in-poland-as-proposesd-laws-curtail-womens-rights

I can't stand people who want to ban abortions. They are a useful tool.
Reply 5
Original post by Illiberal Liberal

Seriously?!
And there was me thinking that Poland was getting better.. :indiff:
Well here is typical Russian influence.
Original post by ivy.98
Seriously?!
And there was me thinking that Poland was getting better.. :indiff:

we must go back to our homeland and fight for justice

:mob:
Reply 8

ironically, the party is called Law and Justice
Reply 9

challenge accepted :cool: lets show them how things are done the right way :hand:
Original post by ZakiTheTory
Well here is typical Russian influence.

Yes, let's blame Russia for everything!
Original post by ivy.98
challenge accepted :cool: lets show them how things are done the right way :hand:

yeah!! :angry: how are we going to do that?
Reply 12
yeah!! :angry: how are we going to do that?

we are a great team ok, nothing can hold us dowwwwn :cool:

do u know korwin mikke? my dad's a friend of his so maybe he could help us? :indiff:
Original post by ivy.98
we are a great team ok, nothing can hold us dowwwwn :cool:

do u know korwin mikke? my dad's a friend of his so maybe he could help us? :indiff:

nobody can

Spoiler

idk him but i looked at his wikipedia page and he looks like a bit of a fascist if u ask me
Sounds like you want all Europeans to be self hating, transgender mixed race Marxists

Good luck Poland a proud people with every right to be

White guilt wont work on Polish people they've got nothing to be feel guilty for really

At least in comparison to every other people on this planet...

Fascist is used only against White European people who wish to preserve their people and culture. You know kind of like every other people on this earth? including Jews more than any other people really.. look at Israel as proof.
(edited 8 years ago)
Poland has already escaped in recent memory from under the communist yoke. No surprise that it views the imposition of "gender" (hmmm, what do I feel like today? I demand that the entire institutional framework of the country recognises my decision and informs the population that they are committing a hate crime if they dissent) as a replacement for the biological sexes with the utmost suspicion. One suspects that even Lysenko himself would have shuddered at what passes for the social "sciences" in the formerly truth-seeking and now utterly politicised academic institutions of the West.
Reply 16
Well seeing as you're clearly not Polish I don't see what it has to do with you

What a radical idea that Polish people want to keep Poland Polish...

No you're just like the rest of the self proclaimed anti-racist mob who bully European people into accepting something they don't want
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh so they change their laws to be more liberal to get in the EU and change them back afterwards? Give them the boot and set an example.
Well done Poland. Righteous cause.
Oh, typical Guardian BS.
no, nobody wish to ban all legal abortions. and no, thinking that constitutional tribunal (Trybunał Konstytucyjny) is already independent is a rather foolish thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending