The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
excellent I just hope we dont have to read too much as it never sets in till half way thru, I sometimes when reading the source start thinking about 'gotta do well, last chance, uni app to meet' and then totally lose track of the situation.
I'm just going to write what topics the case study points at (like the unit 5 one pointed to a staff issue). I've just fell asleep for 2 hours and have the exam in 50 mins:frown:
Dan_UK
excellent I just hope we dont have to read too much as it never sets in till half way thru, I sometimes when reading the source start thinking about 'gotta do well, last chance, uni app to meet' and then totally lose track of the situation.

Me too Its hard to distance your mind from the implications of doing badly. Too many what if's. God damn business studies.

Best bet is to try to relax as much as poss for 30mins before the exam and to think that in the scheme of things its only one unit out of 6. Easier said than done though.

What have you revised, Eu etc?
Reply 43
reading thru o&s, while looking at exam paper, im in college now preparing my exams at 2pm.

eu is ok for me currently looking at mergers, horizontal/vertical etc all the questions ive looked at have 2/3 for content and app => basically need to identify 3/4 points for each question relate to a degree while analysing aswell then go into depth, then evaluate in more depth, really is all about analysis/eval in unit6.

=> im going to make sure the points i make that are relevent i know alot about to go in to detail.
Nice... vertical, horizontal and conglomorate right?
Reply 45
yep, altho the exam paper im looking at the firms have used horizontal => q asks give other strategies.

i reckon growth will appear somewhere so just looking over growth strategies, what have you looked at?
Quite a bit on the Eu and euro, ESCB and EMU etc

STEP influences, decision trees, SWOT, ansoffs matrix, types of employment, legislation, Monetary and fiscal policy, exchange rates etc, I find it hard to revise for, as it encompasses everything, be glad when its over. Have you got anything to add to the above list I shoul revise??
Reply 47
when evaluating how do you go about it? i weigh the points i made then combine them to other factors the business might face depending on the situation/climate then i seem to just argue the pros off the cons against each other, then finalise with a statement which normally is 'x ought to be used but y and z amd other factors must be considered for v to achieve n'
Dan_UK
when evaluating how do you go about it? i weigh the points i made then combine them to other factors the business might face depending on the situation/climate then i seem to just argue the pros off the cons against each other, then finalise with a statement which normally is 'x ought to be used but y and z amd other factors must be considered for v to achieve n'

Think thats pretty much spot on to be honest, I glean points in the case study then talk about them and the relevant concepts giving a few ads and disads for them then I look at how they might be used in the case study context, then I evaluate the situation and offer a judgement and a justification as to why.
For evaluation, I say the good and the bad and then say which would be best for the business, given things like expected exchange rates etc and the structure of the business. It's worked so far but there's way too much to revise for this.
Reply 50
Yeh about right, what about your plan, if i make 3 points id write a paragraph on each which includes con/app/ana/eva direct to the source/point then a final paragraph which combines them all for evaluation.

How about you?
Dan_UK
Yeh about right, what about your plan, if i make 3 points id write a paragraph on each which includes con/app/ana/eva direct to the source/point then a final paragraph which combines them all for evaluation.

How about you?

Same as, thats if my head dont explode before I get finished revisin
I say something like 'exchange rates could impact on the firm in a number of ways, they are...' and then I write the points. Then I write the pros and cons of each and then put it in the context of the business. I'm not sure about this exam though. I'm going to it now...
Don Quixote
I say something like 'exchange rates could impact on the firm in a number of ways, they are...' and then I write the points. Then I write the pros and cons of each and then put it in the context of the business. I'm not sure about this exam though. I'm going to it now...

Good luck m8
Reply 54
yeh gl don/vest remember the buzz word 'evaluate'
Reply 55
what eassay did u choose for unit5? mine was the ethics one on coffee, anything on ethics just comes perfect/easily to me.
I chose McDonalds because I just know the stuff about the difficulty of implementing a new culture and how staff get motivated, unlike the fin contingency plans that Boeing should have.:frown:
Yay unit 6!
Easy, easy, easy!
Go ninja cats!
Reply 58
Iluvatar
Yay unit 6!
Easy, easy, easy!
Go ninja cats!

what was the last question? it says a firm entering the competitive market, does the firm mean
a: the manufacturer like boeing and airbus
or
b: the airlines like BA and easyJet?
Reply 59
I thought that when I read it so im glad im not the only one to question it! I was reading earlier on in this discussion about people wishing they could get a copy of the BUS6 exam prior to sitting the exam or would it be funny is they could get their hands on a copy. Well, ive just been reading an article that saying that some students in london stole a copy of the exam paper prior to sitting it. So we are all affecting now - AQA wil be as strict as anything when they are marking it! I desperately need to do well in business to get into university and I hope certain individuals havent ruined my chances. Bet your laughing now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3846711.stm

Latest

Trending

Trending