The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Have you done the A2 mock yet for beliefs in society?

We haven't even finished beliefs in society yet :frown: Our teacher seems to be going quite slow with it; so we're doing our mock when we finish all the content
We only did the crime and deviance one two weeks ago :smile:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
We haven't even finished beliefs in society yet :frown: Our teacher seems to be going quite slow with it; so we're doing our mock when we finish all the content
We only did the crime and deviance one two weeks ago :smile:

Wow that is really slow... Weve finished unit 3 and and unit 4 almost we just have stats and research methods left then were done hopefully by april
Original post by TyanaChu
Don't you have to do sociological research methods at A2

I know that there's 3 parts to the crime and deviance exam -
Crime and deviance, Methods in context and then sociological methods :smile:
Original post by QUIETONE
Unit 3 and 4 exams are at the end of June

Have you done a mock for beliefs in society yet? if so would you be able to tell me the essay questions
Wow that is really slow... Weve finished unit 3 and and unit 4 almost we just have stats and research methods left then were done hopefully by april

We have one teacher for the crime and deviance, methods in context and sociological methods and then one teaching religion but she seems to be going really slow. I think we only have one or two topics left and then we'll finish before Easter (we have 2 hours of religion a week and 3 of the rest)
Have you done a mock for beliefs in society yet? if so would you be able to tell me the essay questions

not everyone does the same mock...
help anyone please
assess the usefulness of functionalist approaches in explaining crime. (21 mark)
what would i include
theorist wise
crime and deviance
I've done the mock for crime and deviance with theory band
Methods and that was hell,we had the "Assess the view that interpretivist methods are the most appropriate methods forresearching society.(33 marks)"which my answer for this was definitely poor,I would be greatful even if have a D on that part of the essay,I don't even know how you would answer this type of question.
Original post by flowers_xx
help anyone please
assess the usefulness of functionalist approaches in explaining crime. (21 mark)
what would i include
theorist wise
crime and deviance

You would:

Intro- explain main beliefs of functionalist of crime and why it's useful (show's how the nature of society can cause deviance) and how crime has functions and benefits towards society. Then explaining but it's not as useful as it does not take into consideration different classes and crime types.

Para 1- durkheim, main functions blah blah.. it's useful because it shows that crime can have its function to bring change to society. AO2: crime is not functional for victims as they do not benefit from crime

Para 2- Merton, strain theory.. useful as it shows that society influences crime..Not useful AO2: failed to explain m/c

Para 3- Cohen,... useful as it shows working class youth and why they commit crime. .AO2: not useful as it only focuses on one particular group, not a genuine picture

Para 4- Hirschi.. useful as it focuses on why people don't commit crime..

Conclusion. . Overall do you think it's useful etc.

We've done this in class a few weeks ago and went through an essay plan..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chickenfoot
not everyone does the same mock...

Which is why i said "if so" comprehension smh....
Thanks alot that would be very helpful
Also do you know any website with good notes for crime and deviance

QUOTE=CaitlinN15;62774727]You would:

Intro- explain main beliefs of functionalist of crime and why it's useful (show's how the nature of society can cause deviance) and how crime has functions and benefits towards society. Then explaining but it's not as useful as it does not take into consideration different classes and crime types.

Para 1- durkheim, main functions blah blah.. it's useful because it shows that crime can have its function to bring change to society. AO2: crime is not functional for victims as they do not benefit from crime

Para 2- Merton, strain theory.. useful as it shows that society influences crime..Not useful AO2: failed to explain m/c

Para 3- Cohen,... useful as it shows working class youth and why they commit crime. .AO2: not useful as it only focuses on one particular group, not a genuine picture

Para 4- Hirschi.. useful as it focuses on why people don't commit crime..

Conclusion. . Overall do you think it's useful etc.

We've done this in class a few weeks ago and went through an essay plan..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2ne1Aaron
Methods and that was hell,we had the "Assess the view that interpretivist methods are the most appropriate methods forresearching society.(33 marks)"which my answer for this was definitely poor,I would be greatful even if have a D on that part of the essay,I don't even know how you would answer this type of question.

Have you done any mocks for unit 3
Have you done any mocks for unit 3

I have one next week and we finished the whole of unit 3
I have one next week and we finished the whole of unit 3

Have you finished unit 4 too?
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Have you finished unit 4 too?

No we're halfway through crime and deviance but theory's with methods we have finished although methods in context still needs more close coherence and polishing
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
AS Grade: A
A2 Personal Target Grade: A
Topics studying*: Beliefs in society + Crime and deviance + Education resit (Wish I didn't agree to it now:s-smilie:)

why you doing the education resit when you already have an A at AS?

Have you started revising for that anyway?

How long is your class spending per topic? Like how many lessons did you spend learning Functionalism for example?

How the hell do you answer that question lol?
Original post by xxvine
How the hell do you answer that question lol?

Sociology as a science is actually disgusting, we went through it in class and it went through one ear and right out the other. :lol:
Which is why i said "if so" comprehension smh....

that makes no difference lol. if all you're after is essay questions then go to the aqa website and look at past papers.

ive done a mock for unit 3 :u:

Latest

Trending

Trending