The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology A LEVEL

whats the best way to revise for Sociology.
thanks
Reply 1
Mind maps and essay plans
I literally base all of my revision on the textbook so I don't paraphrase (and miss out on anything). I've been straight A/A* so far and it hasn't done me wrong. Practice questions really help to remember studies too!
Original post by bigeyeshijabi

In my opinion of studying Sociology.

1. It may seem obvious but read the textbook thoroughly a couple of time. Then create your own short booklet for each topic.

2. Instead of highlighting colour code sections e.g. Red for studies, Green for key words, Blue for using the Item etc. This way it is a visual simulator for revision.

3. Start detailed and gradually decrease until you have it on a revision card. This is very helpful for all subjects.

4. Answer as many questions as you can from a variety of resources. (e.g. Collins AQA sociology Year 1 & 2, Ken Browne, CGP) every little helps. Do the questions, with your book, then without the book. Repetition is key. The more revision you have the better, Obviously :smile:

5. Finally, if you don't like writing or struggle to retain information this way. YouTube videos are the best solutions. There is a variety of videos covering topics. They best ones are Steve Bassett, Alexandra Suggden and Essha Sociology.

Hope this helps :smile:
Steven
Reply 4
does anyone know of any website where I can get practise questions?
Hi guys, in case you wanted a sociology website with all the notes for every sociology topic ranging from AS to A2, I have attached the link below.
This is a website that I created with my own personal notes that I had typed up last year when I took the sociology exams.
I hope that many of you can benefit from my website and increase your grades, just like I did :smile:

https://aqasociologyrevisionblog.wordpress.com
Original post by imfromjamalia
Hi guys, in case you wanted a sociology website with all the notes for every sociology topic ranging from AS to A2, I have attached the link below.
This is a website that I created with my own personal notes that I had typed up last year when I took the sociology exams.
I hope that many of you can benefit from my website and increase your grades, just like I did :smile:

Aww wow... thanks for this! It's such a great study resource :smile:
[QUOTE="Schnabel;75656496" Steven="Steven"]

In my opinion of studying Sociology.

1. It may seem obvious but read the textbook thoroughly a couple of time. Then create your own short booklet for each topic.

2. Instead of highlighting colour code sections e.g. Red for studies, Green for key words, Blue for using the Item etc. This way it is a visual simulator for revision.

3. Start detailed and gradually decrease until you have it on a revision card. This is very helpful for all subjects.

4. Answer as many questions as you can from a variety of resources. (e.g. Collins AQA sociology Year 1 & 2, Ken Browne, CGP) every little helps. Do the questions, with your book, then without the book. Repetition is key. The more revision you have the better, Obviously :smile:

5. Finally, if you don't like writing or struggle to retain information this way. YouTube videos are the best solutions. There is a variety of videos covering topics. They best ones are Steve Bassett, Alexandra Suggden and Essha Sociology.

Hope this helps :smile:
Steven

Checked out the videos... they were great! Thanks so much :smile:

If you dont mind me asking, what grade did you get? :smile:
If you dont mind me asking, what grade did you get? :smile:

hey, i got an A
yhh im aiming for an A/A* too

ur amazing, ty for this
Reply 12

thank you so much, this is amazing!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest