The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

is anybody doing gobal development for scly3 if so what are your predictions
Reply 1982
Original post by lolpool
thanks alot

oops i sent the unit 3 one by accident. heres the green crime one.
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I don't really think a question on social class alone could come up because it's not actually in the revision guide?
The specification says
The relationship between different socialgroups and religious/spiritual organisations andmovements, beliefs and practices.

In terms of social class the basics are:

- Middle classes have higher church attendance than working class
- In the past, the middle class were seen as 'decent' for attending church and so the working class followed and went, but now the decline in working class attendance may be because they don't feel like it's expected anymore
- The church may also represent middle class values and so the working class may not want to attend due to this reason
- Sects and Cults have a high middle class membership because, especially sects, expect members to donate worldly goods and the middle class are more willing to do so.

These are all my notes and they are really vague sorry :frown:

Thank you so much!
Original post by Exams987
What are the predictions for unit 3 beliefs question :

9 marker

18 marker

33 marker

Not sure about the 9 marker.
18 marker I think will be ethnicity, social change or science.
33 marker I think could also be science and ideologies, globalisation or secularisation
Could someone please help explain religion + globalisation and religion + science? I'm really confused haha, I have notes on everything else if anyone needs anything :smile:
Original post by soora
Does anyone know what came up for June 2012 mass media questions ?

18 mark:assess the view that the mass media represent young people as a problem group

33mark: -postmodernist contributions to our understanding of the role of the media
-assess the view that the news is a social constrution
I know most people are doing crime and deviance, but are there any predictions for stratifiation???
couldn't find any on the 1st page
What's the difference between
Corporate crime
State crime
White collar crime

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by soora
Does anyone know what came up for June 2012 mass media questions ?

Assess the view that news is a social construction (33)

Using material from Item C assess the view that the mass media represent young people as a problem group (18)

Identify and explain three ways in which globalisation has changed the role of the mass media over the past 20 years (9)Assess postmodernist contributions to our understanding of the role of the mass media in society today (33)
Reply 1990
anyone doing power + politics for unit 3????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1991
Has anyone got an essay they could send me on:
science and ideology?

Values and objectivity
Social action theories
Functionalism

I would be so grateful!

[email protected]
Reply 1992
Original post by charnot1997
What's the difference between
Corporate crime
State crime
White collar crime

Posted from TSR Mobile

White collar are committed by m/c but they usually get away with it due to them going against the stereotype of a criminal
Corporate crimes are done as a way of benefiting a company eg maximising profit
State crime is illigal or deviant activity done on behalf or by someone with authority eg government
I am!

Original post by vices
anyone doing power + politics for unit 3????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you please email these to me?? I'll PM you my email address

Original post by Socychoictraphy
URGENT

Does anyone know what was on the original SCLY4 (Crime and Deviance) paper last year that was stolen? I wanna finish off my predictions, thanks :biggrin:

Also, if anyone wants my model essays for sociological theory i have all the possible essay answers.
Original post by SJJ97
White collar are committed by m/c but they usually get away with it due to them going against the stereotype of a criminal
Corporate crimes are done as a way of benefiting a company eg maximising profit
State crime is illigal or deviant activity done on behalf or by someone with authority eg government

slay. :yep:
Heyyy my teachers predicted globalisation and postmodernism for the 33 not too sure on the 18 or 9 I can say that whatever is asked in the 9 marker is more than likely to be the theme for the 18 marker... is it possible to send me those essays for religion?

Thank youuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys can anyone send any example essays for religion?

And my teacher has predicted globalisation and postmodernism for the 33 markers so fingers crossed!!

So, not sure if anyone has noticed but there is a reoccurring pattern in that whatever is asked for the 9 marker it is likely that the 18 marker will be along the same lines, although I can't say this is true for all the papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1998
Original post by rubyna101
Hey guys can anyone send any example essays for religion?

And my teacher has predicted globalisation and postmodernism for the 33 markers so fingers crossed!!

So, not sure if anyone has noticed but there is a reoccurring pattern in that whatever is asked for the 9 marker it is likely that the 18 marker will be along the same lines, although I can't say this is true for all the papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Has your teacher predicted anything for theory and methods 33 marker?
Reply 1999
What's an NRM? New religious movement or non religious movement? I always get confused :frown: Also, if the 33 marker is on science and religion, what things would you talk about?

Latest

Trending

Trending