The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Since is the last year of the syllabus who knows what will come up?!?
Does anyone know what the topic was for 21 markers for crime and deviance?
Reply 22
So my silly little self got a D last year. I'm so scared
Original post by Huba_Ali
Does anyone know what the topic was for 21 markers for crime and deviance?

For the 2015 exams crime and deviance was on 1) Marxist theories to our understanding of crime and law enforcement, and 2) why some groups are more likely to be victims than others
Original post by GeniaA.
So my silly little self got a D last year. I'm so scared

Try and work your arse off this year! Use the motive of having only 6 months of school left to give you a little boost! :h:
thanks!
Reply 26
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Try and work your arse off this year! Use the motive of having only 6 months of school left to give you a little boost! :h:

Yessssss hopefully. I only need 120ucas points overall for uni
How do you know how many UCAS points in total you'd need for an A/A*? I got an A for AS in sociology.

I'm aiming for AAB in Soc, English Lit & History respectively.

164 points for Sociology (A in both units)

152 points for English (B in exam, B in coursework) (how much remaining UCAS points will I need for an A, including this years coursework?

Please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know the questions for beliefs in society from last year?
Does anyone know the questions that came up on power and politics last year pleaaase?? (2015)
Original post by Berninger1864
How do you know how many UCAS points in total you'd need for an A/A*? I got an A for AS in sociology.

I'm aiming for AAB in Soc, English Lit & History respectively.

164 points for Sociology (A in both units)

152 points for English (B in exam, B in coursework) (how much remaining UCAS points will I need for an A, including this years coursework?

Please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use this tool

You'll be able to find out exactly how many marks you'll need to gain overall to get the grade you're hoping for.

All you need to do is enter what you got in paper 1 (in the unit 1 box) and paper 2 (in the unit 2 box) and it'll show you a grid and will explain why or why not you will or will not be able to achieve an A*.

Hope this helps :smile:
Can I ask what came up in the belief and crime and deviance paper for anyone who took the exam in 2015?
Original post by anna_ryan97
Can I ask what came up in the belief and crime and deviance paper for anyone who took the exam in 2015?

I didn't take the paper but our teacher told us what came up since we're studying it. We haven't been told anything about beliefs in society yet since we haven't started it haha.

2015 crime and deviance questions:

21 markers
1) Marxist theories to our understanding of crime and law enforcement
2) why some groups are more likely to be victims than others

I've forgotten the 15 marker and 33 marker since I left my folder at school :emo: I'll try and update you in the next few days.
Reply 33
I didn't take the paper but our teacher told us what came up since we're studying it. We haven't been told anything about beliefs in society yet since we haven't started it haha.

2015 crime and deviance questions:

21 markers
1) Marxist theories to our understanding of crime and law enforcement
2) why some groups are more likely to be victims than others

I've forgotten the 15 marker and 33 marker since I left my folder at school :emo: I'll try and update you in the next few days.

Jheeez there are so many topics to learn! 10 in total I think...how the hell am I going to take everything in?:frown:
Original post by xxvine
Jheeez there are so many topics to learn! 10 in total I think...how the hell am I going to take everything in?:frown:

Just don't fool yourself into attempting to learn all of the sociologists' names because you'll only be using 3-5 in the actual exam. If you can easily remember 3-5, then you can gradually learn more but it's not compulsory.

My teacher made us learn all of research methods in context on our own :emo: rip

By the way, have you had your sociology mock exam yet? We had ours yesterday and..crime and deviance was something else: we got tested on the right and left realists and crime between ethnic groups, but the research method and 33 marker (about feminism) was glorious :yep:
Does anyone know the questions that came up in the 2015 Beliefs paper? Much appreciated
Original post by caitlin7
does anyone know the questions for beliefs in society from last year?

Yeah! It was these questions:
1) Identify and briefly explain three ways in which science may have more influence than religion on social life today. (9marks)2) Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess the view that religion is 'the opium of the people'. (18marks)3) 'Religion is now about consumerism, where spiritual shoppers look in the spiritual marketplace for a product that suits their lifestyle'. (33marks)or4) Critically examine the reasons why people join sects and New Age movements. (33marks)
Hi, I'm doing crime and deviance and mass media and I was wondering if anyone knew what type of questions could come up for Gender, Crime and Justice??? thanks 😃
Reply 38
Just don't fool yourself into attempting to learn all of the sociologists' names because you'll only be using 3-5 in the actual exam. If you can easily remember 3-5, then you can gradually learn more but it's not compulsory.

My teacher made us learn all of research methods in context on our own :emo: rip

By the way, have you had your sociology mock exam yet? We had ours yesterday and..crime and deviance was something else: we got tested on the right and left realists and crime between ethnic groups, but the research method and 33 marker (about feminism) was glorious :yep:

We are having an exam this month

How do you guys tackle exam technique...thats what i am petrified about.
Reply 39
Guys did you lot learn Crme and D before Theory...or theory before Crime and D?

Latest

Trending

Trending