The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by soora
Hi, which topic is age? I cant find it in my textbook if its for crime and deviance :frown:

Its that young people are more likely to commit crime

Subcultures
Labelling
Matza - Drift
Focal Concerns/Typifications
Reply 541
Original post by gkgs
Its that young people are more likely to commit crime

Subcultures
Labelling
Matza - Drift
Focal Concerns/Typifications

so its like a combination of topics from the book? not one specific one?
Yeah, it's a combination of different topics/sociologists

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing all 4 sociology exams (families & households, education, mass media and Crime & Deviance) for a little 'fun' during my year off from university.

I completely forgot how much content there is and I thought I would be somewhat okay as I did AS/A2 sociology in 2014; but jeeeeez NOPE.

I'm just completing every past paper possible - I haven't even started Crime yet because exams are in three weeks D;
What are the final predictions then for crime?
is it still state crime, victim, labelling, control/prevention, suicide and globalisation?
I really need help on how to answer a question on victims. I feel like there's not really much on it in the Napier book. Thanks
Original post by ellie0497
What are the final predictions then for crime?
is it still state crime, victim, labelling, control/prevention, suicide and globalisation?

My teacher definitely thinks that state crime might come up,as well as globalisation.Another one could possibly be Age,since that is removed from the new spec ,and has never been on the crime and deviance paper before.
Original post by 2ne1Aaron
My teacher definitely thinks that state crime might come up,as well as globalisation.Another one could possibly be Age,since that is removed from the new spec ,and has never been on the crime and deviance paper before.

I was just revising age but it is so long! my notes on age is too long so can you please give me the concept/names you would use on an age essay? (briefly)
guys you know the labeling theory we use the interactionist perspective right? and the main sociologist is Becker?
Reply 549
Any predictions of what might come up in beliefs or crime?
Reply 550
Any predictions for what might come up in beliefs and crime??
Original post by Zay96
Any predictions for what might come up in beliefs and crime??

fir crime my teacher thinks ,globalization/gender; policy, postal questionares and sociology as a science
Original post by noey123
guys you know the labeling theory we use the interactionist perspective right? and the main sociologist is Becker?

Yes:smile:
Original post by ellie0497
Yes:smile:

hey there thanks for the reply ,if you mind me asking where are you at your revision for crime and belief? like what topics do you know fully? i feel like i am so behind lol and what do you think might come up? :smile:
Reply 554
Any predictions for the Mass Media?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right ok so if anyone can tell me this you are an absolute life saver. I am trying to find the June 2012 unit 3 paper. They have just taken it off the AQA website. Thanks :smile:
Reply 556
Original post by nicoleemmak
Right ok so if anyone can tell me this you are an absolute life saver. I am trying to find the June 2012 unit 3 paper. They have just taken it off the AQA website. Thanks :smile:

1. Identify and explain three reasons why statistics on religious beliefs may not be accurate.
2.Assess the view that women are no longer opressed by religion
3.Religion is still the most significant ideological influence on the world today - To what extent do sociological argumenta and evidence support this view
4.Critically examine sociological views on sects today
Original post by gkgs
1. Identify and explain three reasons why statistics on religious beliefs may not be accurate.
2.Assess the view that women are no longer opressed by religion
3.Religion is still the most significant ideological influence on the world today - To what extent do sociological argumenta and evidence support this view
4.Critically examine sociological views on sects today

Thank you!!
Original post by noey123
hey there thanks for the reply ,if you mind me asking where are you at your revision for crime and belief? like what topics do you know fully? i feel like i am so behind lol and what do you think might come up? :smile:

I am still making notes so I don't think I am ready at all:frown: I really want state crimes to come up!!!! I really don't want Marxism to come up for crime
Quick question, I know last year there was a group chat for sociology on KIK which is joined, is there a group chat on something this year?

Latest

Trending

Trending