The Student Room Group

Have you ever fainted?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
Couple of times, basically a case of if you have me as a surgeon you're ****ed

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if you were the only surgeon in the world, I'd better start planning my funeral?!?! :zomg:
Reply 81
Original post by Chant No.1
So if you were the only surgeon in the world, I'd better start planning my funeral?!?! :zomg:

Yeah, may as well skip the middle man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, may as well skip the middle man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me guess, you are socially deprived? :facepalm:
Reply 83
Original post by Chant No.1
Let me guess, you are socially deprived? :facepalm:

Urmm, what? Where'd that come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
I used to faint at the sight of blood, so more than a few times.
The first time it happened my mum thought I was pulling silly faces and told me off. The bitch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh that's scary you know... so many people faint at the sight of blood :O
what is it - the colour? :/

omg :lol:
*hillbilly accent*
"Don't talk bout yo mama like dat!!":judge:
:lol: :tongue:
I faint a lot when I starve lol
A little less than once a year. I usually have about 20s in which gradually my vision gets darker with spots of black and more tunnelly, my thoughts become `foggy`, I lose coordination and I feel really thirsty. Then I lose conciousness completely. Sometimes there's also the worst feeling ever like the life's being drained out of me, but usually it's just annoying and embarrassing.
Original post by Anonymous
I had just recovered from flu and my boyfriend was going down on me, I came and then immediately fainted. Not ideal really :redface:
An ex once passed out in a similar setting. She hadn't been ill though.

As for myself, I don't know if I've fainted. I have had seizures a couple of times though (literally twice) which was more frightening afterward, when I realized what had happened. During those events, though, all, I felt was euphoria.
I passed out at school because my period pains were really bad. It sucked but at least I made it into the corridor before collapsing so my class didn't see it
Do you ever go into a dream like state? Also, just as your about to pass out do your senses leave you one by one in a certain manner? Sorry for the daft questions just merely curious :?
Reply 90
Do you ever go into a dream like state? Also, just as your about to pass out do your senses leave you one by one in a certain manner? Sorry for the daft questions just merely curious :?

No, with me I get a bit dizzy then I'm out cold; when I come round it's always my vision that returns last

Posted from TSR Mobile
so i just fainted in front of my entire extended family, I'm now in bed taking it easy (i'm fine don't worry - just super embarrassed :redface:)

so figured to ask you guys for your experiences to make me feel better about myself :tongue:

has your body ever failed you and shut down? tell me about it :colone:
Yep :frown: I've fainted twice at work and I was only there 4 months lol. Also once in secondary school during a whole school assembly (they made us stand for ages and the teacher wouldn't stop talking :colonhash:)

Yes, but I never dream in my sleep(or at least don't remember it), so I'm not sure if what I call a dream is the same as what everyone else does. My vision and hearing do. I'm not sure about the others.
Some of the strong Dutch weed had me knocked out for about 20mins.
Twice: once when I was on holiday a few years ago, and once a few weeks ago.

A few weeks ago, I was queuing for the bus and it was late by like 20 minutes. I start feeling a bit dizzy and really hot, then next thing I know I'm laying on the floor and thinking to myself "I can't remember getting home..." Open my eyes and I'm still at the bloody bus station! Most annoying thing was I was front of the queue, and in the time I had fainted, the bus had come and everyone had walked past me to push in front! Everyone except ONE kind lady who made sure I was fine.

I had to stand at the back of the queue to get on the bus, and I just kept wishing everyone would hurry up because I felt I was going to faint again, but didn't want to sit down and miss the bus!
Well.. at a stage in my life (and still now) I had severe hemophobia/haemophobia. (The extreme/irrational fear of blood). - I bashed my finger whilst playing Hockey, it began to bleed heavily and I fainted.

Funnily enough some bystanders seemed to think I bashed by head, as in a dazed state I must have rubbed my forehead with the blood.I was taken to the 'matrons office' - but I can't remember that journey at all. I merely remember being in her office.

I hope you feel better soon! :smile:

P.S. If you begin to feel faint again, I find that sipping a cold glass of water, and getting some fresh air helps dramatically, and stops the fainting from happening too.

No for me I didn't know it had happened until I woke up :tongue: I do remember seeing black and green dots

Original post by rayquaza17
I had to stand at the back of the queue to get on the bus, and I just kept wishing everyone would hurry up because I felt I was going to faint again, but didn't want to sit down and miss the bus!

HWAT? no one made sure you were alright :O people are such *******s :colonhash:

Original post by fr0sr_
I hope you feel better soon! :smile:

P.S. If you begin to feel faint again, I find that sipping a cold glass of water, and getting some fresh air helps dramatically, and stops the fainting from happening too.

Whoa that sounds painful :argh: i'm so happy I don't have haemophobia because I'm quite clumsy and so are my siblings so someone cuts/ scrapes themselves like everyday :O

Thanks for the advice :biggrin: :smile:
I last fainted in a Poke'mon battle in the Elite 4. :teehee:
Yep once when I was teaching in the middle of a lv 1 ski lesson and once on a water taxi in Venice
Reply 99
Recently. My daughter scratched my cornea. I'm not good with hospitals and needles and such, I've nearly fainted before watching some blood get taken. Eye pokey time didn't agree with me.

What annoyed me was it was after the examination/everything. Been given the okay and ready to go. I was also sitting down, which seemed unusual (but was good really).

The nurse was shaken because she probably didn't see much of that on the eye ward... But yeah. I had a fun 5 or 6 hours waiting for tests etc because they didn't want me to just walk out after fainting.

Had a ECG, which looked "off", so they brought me in for blood tests (didn't faint again though, luckily!) and further ECGs. The bloods came back iffy, and the second ECG said I should be dying (Doctor: "Are you sure you aren't having chest pains?"). Turned out the guy who did it was useless and put all the leads on wrong. Heart nurse came and did it properly, bloods got re-tested and got the okay to go home.

I hope I don't faint in a hospital again...

Quick Reply

Latest