The Student Room Group

School uniform alternitivs

I made a thread a little while ago called school uniform debate and I guess this could be seen as a follow up.

Of course school uniform is useful for keeping track of kids on trips (particularly at primary age) but there must be another way.

One I saw in London on a very hot day a couple of years ago was a group of French kids on a trip with a school back pack so yeah what would you use as an alternitive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe, just a Student ID badge

Posted from TSR Mobile
We use our college ID card as an alternative. :colondollar:
Reply 3
* alternative.
does there HAVE to be an alternative?

ok mine was a very traditional boy's school but we had boarders, plus saturday morning school.
Uniform was a suit, you had to be dressed "smartly" so no shirt tails hanging out. Any pushing of the rules like trendy suits was a no-no.

It was good in several ways as it stops all sorts of problems either with posher kids being more trendy, or the boarders having more clothing issues plus leads to a more business like attitude to life.
you were expected to wear uniform correctly into and away from school, if caught without a jacket and tie it was an instant detention .

Maybe it sounds harsh but actually it was a great leveller.
I'm not debating if it's needed it's more a kind of what would we use instead to keep track of who should be on the premises or trip and who shouldn't

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending