The Student Room Group

School ties

Does anyone have a view on how school ties should be worn after school. I always keep mine tight and neat. But my school is trying to get everyone to wear polo shirts instead.
Reply 1
Original post by Jocktherock
Does anyone have a view on how school ties should be worn after school. I always keep mine tight and neat. But my school is trying to get everyone to wear polo shirts instead.

Your school wants people to change into polo shirts after school?
Reply 2
Original post by Sataris
Your school wants people to change into polo shirts after school?

No they want people to wear polo shirts instead of blazer, shirt and tie
Reply 3
No they want people to wear polo shirts instead of blazer, shirt and tie

So they're changing the whole uniform? What's it got to do with wearing ties after school?
Reply 4
Original post by Sataris
So they're changing the whole uniform? What's it got to do with wearing ties after school?

They say people wear the ties scruffy after school so they want everyone in a polo shirt. But I like wearing my tie.
Surely a better solution would be to use clip-on ties as part of the uniform? A lot of schools are doing this now as it means the tie always stays at the appropriate length and the student needs to have their top button done up in order to wear it
Reply 6
Original post by bones-mccoy
Surely a better solution would be to use clip-on ties as part of the uniform? A lot of schools are doing this now as it means the tie always stays at the appropriate length and the student needs to have their top button done up in order to wear it

I would agree. I'm so annoyed I can't wear my tie again and have to wear a polo shirt. There main reason for it is people after school hours wear their uniform really scruffy and the school does not want that. I normally keep my uniform on after school and it stays neat.
Reply 7
if you wear polo shirts you will look like your from a primary school so do your best to avoid this for your dignitys sake
Reply 8
Original post by cockapoo
if you wear polo shirts you will look like your from a primary school so do your best to avoid this for your dignitys sake

I completely agree with you. But the school is enforcing it because they say then people can't wear there tie scruffy again after school hours. They will if they really want to stay in uniform have the school logo showing. My point is I normally keep my uniform on after school and I keep it neat. I don't even loosen the tie or remove blazer and now I'm going to have to wear a polo shirt. So gutted. Il never get to wear my tie and blazer again from July.

I always wear my tie short & loose at school, but when I’m on the bus, I make it longer before I get home. At home I have it down to the top of my skirt, about 30cm
I used to go to a grammar school and I didn’t like them for the first few years. Now at a different school I actually think that they’re a good idea.
Can you not just speak to the head and say how much you like the uniform you have now and how you will miss your shirt and tie and how you will feel like you are at primary school again. Maybe if you do that then the head may consider re thinking about not changing the uniform and make sure that there are staff who make sure when they go out of the gates your uniform is neat and tidy so that at least it would be tidy until a certain point. But if your going out with your friends after school and don’t get back till 6:00 can you really be expected to wear uniform for that long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending