The Student Room Group

! IMPORTANT! threating to rip my paper up over a uniform violation

i finished my lit paper 1 about 30 mins ago and i wore a gray hoodie because yesterday in my bio exam i didn't have any hoodie and it was extremely cold making it hard to work and concentrate i was shivering because of how cold it was so today i wore a plane gray hoodie and in the exam a teacher said to me "you need to take it off its a uniform violation" i said "but I'm cold its hard to work in the cold its just a hoodie" she replied with "okay" and walked away pursing no further issue until i walked out the exam at the end and i was threatened with my paper being ripped up because i wore a grey hoodie i have a valid reason for not having my school jumper

are they allowed to threaten me with that?

I'm not worried about it because i don't think they will but can they rip it up over this?
No, they can't rip your paper over that, they're mad capping.
Reply 2
say less i thought so lmao (Original post by Sorcerer of Old)No, they can't rip your paper over that, they're mad capping.
Reply 3
No they can’t!! But what they can do if they want to be difficult, is refuse access to the premises to students not complying with uniform rules, so I wouldn’t do it again. Just wear your uniform jumper.
Reply 4
Original post by jackcallard
i finished my lit paper 1 about 30 mins ago and i wore a gray hoodie because yesterday in my bio exam i didn't have any hoodie and it was extremely cold making it hard to work and concentrate i was shivering because of how cold it was so today i wore a plane gray hoodie and in the exam a teacher said to me "you need to take it off its a uniform violation" i said "but I'm cold its hard to work in the cold its just a hoodie" she replied with "okay" and walked away pursing no further issue until i walked out the exam at the end and i was threatened with my paper being ripped up because i wore a grey hoodie i have a valid reason for not having my school jumper

are they allowed to threaten me with that?

I'm not worried about it because i don't think they will but can they rip it up over this?

They cannot do that. That’s because uniforms have nothing to do with JCQ Exam Regulations. Also if the school has any concerns that you broke exam rules, the school will have send a report to the exam board for Malpractice and they would investigate and they have final decision on what happens to your paper, marks & qualification. If do have any concerns over how invigilators or other school staff in the exam conducted themselves, then you could speak to an Exams Officer or other senior staff at your centre. Also I think you should let staff know that the exam room you are in is too cold, hopefully they would sort it.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Yes they can and all you can be disqualified from all your other exams burn that hoodie to remove evidence x
Bro watch out!!!! Your paper !! Thats an offence :biggrin:
Reply 7
If they have reason to believe you were cheating then yes. Hoodies tend to be baggy and have pockets that could be used to conceal phones, notes and other things.
^ Bro, they can't just rip up your paper, even if you were cheating. They would have to report it and there would possibly be an investigation and the paper would need to be kept for evidence and analysis. Looool at people thinking power hungry teachers can just slide your paper into a shredder if they feel like it...
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
^ Bro, they can't just rip up your paper, even if you were cheating. They would have to report it and there would possibly be an investigation and the paper would need to be kept for evidence and analysis. Looool at people thinking power hungry teachers can just slide your paper into a shredder if they feel like it...

Happened to me once back in the day!!!! Trust it brother they were hitting me as well.
Original post by Dandanqiwiwi
Happened to me once back in the day!!!! Trust it brother they were hitting me as well.

This doesn't sound trollish at all :rolleyes:
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
This doesn't sound trollish at all :rolleyes:

WTF is a troll :confused:
WTF is a troll :confused:

Classic smelly troll.
Don't smell, am not a troll/ frick off as I am trying to study for my DT exam!
Don't smell, am not a troll/ frick off as I am trying to study for my DT exam!

Get back to your revision then, troll.
I would but you keep on fricking Notifying Me.O, I am fortunes fool
I would but you keep on fricking Notifying Me.O, I am fortunes fool

Log off then. See, sorted.
Reply 17
Original post by Guru Jason
If they have reason to believe you were cheating then yes. Hoodies tend to be baggy and have pockets that could be used to conceal phones, notes and other things.

i didnt cheat
Reply 18
i didnt cheat

Move on! They didn’t destroy your copy so that’s the end of it. However, why anyone would choose to wear a hoodie on an exam day of all days is a mystery to me. It’s asking for problems!! The school has a uniform rule so why risk being refused access to the place on a day that is this important? A bit of common sense goes a long way!
i didnt cheat

Doesn't matter. If your found with a phone on you for example, they can disqualify you regardless of whether you use it or not. If you wear a hood and they think you're hiding something, it could be used as grounds for disqualification

Quick Reply

Latest