The Student Room Group

Uniform in exams

are you legally aloud to sit your GCSE exams in non-school uniform or will you be disqualified or the whole class disqualified?
Original post by kkarjadoll
are you legally aloud to sit your GCSE exams in non-school uniform or will you be disqualified or the whole class disqualified?

There is no examiner requirement for you to be in school uniform when you take exams. However, if your school has a uniform dress code they are allowed to enforce it for examinations and refuse to allow you on the premises if you break those school rules.
a few in my year group started coming into school with their leavers hoodie instead of the normal blazer, and were sat in the exam with just their school shirt on, I guess no. My head of year told us we have to come to school in our uniform for the next exams or they cant let us sit the exam, its not their choice, its the exam boards. We wore own clothes on the english lit paper 2 exam just before the one week holiday due to own clothes day for the whole school, but got told to take jackets off and place them at the back. Which was super annoying as we could probably cheat better in our school blazer than a Jacket... for someone like me who wore a thin see-through top had to awkwardly sit there freezing cold. was so damn annoyed.
they have no right to deny you the right to do your exam
u'll be fine man
Original post by bullyhunter75
they have no right to deny you the right to do your exam
u'll be fine man

our school thinks they can, in faact they said if we have a bad haircut we cant do it
we dont wear it
Reply 6
i just finished my gcse lit paper 1 about 20 mins ago and I'm being told my paper can be ripped up because i wore a gray hoodie in the exam room i have a valid reason for not having my school jumper and the exam hall is freezing all i did was sit and ware it because it was so cold without a jumper in my bio exam yesterday i struggled to work because i was constantly shivering
We are forced to wear our full school uniform
Reply 8
Original post by jackcallard
i just finished my gcse lit paper 1 about 20 mins ago and I'm being told my paper can be ripped up because i wore a gray hoodie in the exam room i have a valid reason for not having my school jumper and the exam hall is freezing all i did was sit and ware it because it was so cold without a jumper in my bio exam yesterday i struggled to work because i was constantly shivering

There are absolutely no circumstances when it is permissible to rip up a candidate exam paper.

Quick Reply

Latest