The Student Room Group

Beliefs in Society (SCLY3) June 2015 Paper

Does anyone know the questions that appeared on the Beliefs in Society paper last year? Much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by Socychoictraphy
Does anyone know the questions that appeared on the Beliefs in Society paper last year? Much appreciated!

I've been trying to find it too but it doesn't seem to be anywhere 😩
Reply 2
The exam board will not publish it until closer to the exam dates, so that means around May.
QUESTIONS!

1) Identify and briefly explain three ways in which science may have more influence than religion on social life today. (9marks)2) Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess the view that religion is 'the opium of the people'. (18marks)3) 'Religion is now about consumerism, where spiritual shoppers look in the spiritual marketplace for a product that suits their lifestyle'. (33marks)or4) Critically examine the reasons why people join sects and New Age movements. (33marks) You're welcome guys! :biggrin: x
Reply 4
Does anyone know the questions for Unit 4 Crime and Deviance and Sociological theory??
Original post by leaton17
Does anyone know the questions for Unit 4 Crime and Deviance and Sociological theory??

Here you go! :smile:

1) Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess right realist explanations of both the causes of crime and solutions to crime. (21marks)

2) Using material from Item B and elsewhere, assess sociological explanations of differences in offending between ethnic groups. (21marks)

3) Using material from Item C and elsewhere, assess the strengths and limitations of using official statistics as a means of investigating corporate crime. (15marks)

4) Assess the view that a sociologist's theoretical perspective is the most important factor in their choice both of research methods and of topics to investigate. (33marks)
Reply 6
Do you know the replacement paper questions?
Reply 7
I don't have the questions on me atm but once I get the questions, I'll let u know the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending