The Student Room Group

Social Work Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melsybeans
hi,
i applied to study social work just before christmas, heard back from 4 uni's out of 5 so far, so i have 4 interviews coming up really nervous but excited. i applied to leeds beckett, teesside, manchester met, edge hill and hull.

Good luck! How long did it take to hear back from leeds beckett?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megan0912
Hello,

Hope everyone's applications are going well!

I have applied to study Social Work at:
Greenwich, Canterbury Christ, ARU, Bournemouth and Lincoln!

I have interviews for all of them this month and the start of Feb, and had my interview on Wed for ARU and received an offer yesterday!

Anyone applied to the same as me?

Congrats on your offer and good luck with your interviews. How did you find the first interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethaaaanie
Good luck! How long did it take to hear back from leeds beckett?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, thanks and I haven't yet heard back from them 😢 that's the uni that I am waiting on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats on your offer and good luck with your interviews. How did you find the first interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much!
It wasn't as bad as I expected, staff were really friendly!
The written task was extremely straight forward and the group interview was ok... it was on dementia and I'm not too aware of that area, so I'd deffo say to anyone who's going to an interview to deffo overlook all area's that involve social workers! & the individual interview wasn't too bad either!

How's your applications going & where have you applied for?
Hey, thanks and I haven't yet heard back from them 😢 that's the uni that I am waiting on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as me then😩 Hopefully we hear something soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same as me then😩 Hopefully we hear something soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i hate having to wait as its the last one someone else in my college applied for social work at Leeds Becket and they have heard back that they have been declined so I'm guessing they must still be considering our applications. Where else did u apply ?? And have u got any interviews ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much!
It wasn't as bad as I expected, staff were really friendly!
The written task was extremely straight forward and the group interview was ok... it was on dementia and I'm not too aware of that area, so I'd deffo say to anyone who's going to an interview to deffo overlook all area's that involve social workers! & the individual interview wasn't too bad either!

How's your applications going & where have you applied for?

Ah that's great, that's reassuring haha! I've worked in a residential home so have some experience with dementia. I sent my application off quite recently so only had acknowledgement emails. I've applied for Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Derby, Leeds Beckett and York!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i hate having to wait as its the last one someone else in my college applied for social work at Leeds Becket and they have heard back that they have been declined so I'm guessing they must still be considering our applications. Where else did u apply ?? And have u got any interviews ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know haha, I'm constantly checking my emails. Ah wow, I'd be pretty gutted if I received any rejections tbh. I applied to Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Derby and York as well, no interviews yet only recently sent off my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know haha, I'm constantly checking my emails. Ah wow, I'd be pretty gutted if I received any rejections tbh. I applied to Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Derby and York as well, no interviews yet only recently sent off my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here tbh hahah and good luck hope u get to go where u want :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here tbh hahah and good luck hope u get to go where u want :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, same to you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

Hope everyone's applications are going well!

I have applied to study Social Work at:
Greenwich, Canterbury Christ, ARU, Bournemouth and Lincoln!

I have interviews for all of them this month and the start of Feb, and had my interview on Wed for ARU and received an offer yesterday!

Anyone applied to the same as me?

When's your Lincoln interview? 😊
Original post by CharlotteSt
When's your Lincoln interview? 😊

The 4th of Feb!
Ah that's great, that's reassuring haha! I've worked in a residential home so have some experience with dementia. I sent my application off quite recently so only had acknowledgement emails. I've applied for Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Derby, Leeds Beckett and York!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be fine then!The process is not as scary as it seems!

Best of luck with your application! :smile:
The 4th of Feb!

Mines the 5th! Let me know how it goes... Good luck!!
Original post by CharlotteSt
Mines the 5th! Let me know how it goes... Good luck!!

Oh really, well good luck and all the best for you interviews!
I'll be sure to keep in touch!
You should be fine then!The process is not as scary as it seems!

Best of luck with your application! :smile:

Thank you, same to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Hi, I just found this thread!

I've applied for Manchester, MMU, Salford, Sheffield and York. I've got interviews for everywhere but MMU who I haven't heard from at all!

Has anyone had interviews at these uni's yet?
Original post by fml

I've applied for Manchester, MMU, Salford, Sheffield and York. I've got interviews for everywhere but MMU who I haven't heard from at all!

Hey!

I've only had acknowledgement emails, how long did it take for you to hear from Sheffield and York?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Hey!

I've only had acknowledgement emails, how long did it take for you to hear from Sheffield and York?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you send off your applications?

I got an acknowledgement email only from Sheffield, not York. I sent the applications late on a Monday evening, acknowledgement email from Sheffield on the Tuesday morning. Interview offer from Sheffield on Thursday and York on the following Monday?
Original post by fml

Hi I've had an interview request from York, what date is yours?

Quick Reply

Latest