The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
So far, I've made £45.96 with fixtheodds :smile:

I'm so glad that I'm not doing it by hand - my bf does it manually and he has to spend hours finding the right data whereas I spend 20 mins a day! So I have more time to think about what to do with my new found wealth!
Reply 181
how long has he been doing it for and how much has he actually made? is it easier or more effective doing it manually?
Reply 182
Original post by BeckyMu
Ladbrokes odds can be changed on the top left hand side under the Ladbrokes logo.

Me and by bf have been matched betting for a while now and are part of the moneysavingexpert forum clan.

Be sure to go through a cashback site such as Quidco when opening all these bookmaker accounts, for example Betfair cashback is £10 so thats an extra £10 before you even start matching any bets!

http://www.quidco.com/entertainment/gambling/

That way you get extra money when matched betting.

Beckymu :smile:

Thanks it looks like Quidco will give £20 for signing up to Paddy Power :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by rebo
how long has he been doing it for and how much has he actually made? is it easier or more effective doing it manually?

Erm, he has been doing it for about a year now and has made about £500. However there has been times where he's made some losses because he's got the wrong odds, had an error in his calculation or has made the wrong decision on the game outcome.

Apparently if you lose in matched betting, you are losing on both the lay and on the bet so it becomes a double loss.

He reckons that if you included his losses, he's made about £340 successfully.

I really can't say whether doing the whole thing manually is more effective, however it is certainly not easier. Even he admits to me that you have to be really switched on and be 100% sure on what you're doing to get it right.
Reply 184
money money money......

Im getting a bit carried away with this now haha, just done my third offer of the day!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by BeckyMu
Ladbrokes odds can be changed on the top left hand side under the Ladbrokes logo.

Me and by bf have been matched betting for a while now and are part of the moneysavingexpert forum clan.

Be sure to go through a cashback site such as Quidco when opening all these bookmaker accounts, for example Betfair cashback is £10 so thats an extra £10 before you even start matching any bets!

http://www.quidco.com/entertainment/gambling/

That way you get extra money when matched betting.

Beckymu :smile:

Hey that sounds good, how does this cashback thing work then?
Reply 186
Original post by jack-b
Hey that sounds good, how does this cashback thing work then?

Sign up to quidco and you visit sign up to the bookies website through the quidco website, it then credits your account
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 187
Original post by suzie101
Sign up to quidco and you visit sign up to the bookies website through the quidco website, it then credits your account

Yes thats correct signup to Quidco then before you open an account with a bookmaker click through the link on Quidco and you can get the cashback amount. The cashback is paid a couple of months down the line which is a nice bonus when you forget about it and it soon adds up.

I use Quidco whenever I shop online and get cashback for everything. :smile:

Beckymu
Reply 188
Original post by rebo

Me and my bf have always done it the manual way, once you have done it for a while it becomes second nature, just double check figures to makre sure. As for how much can you make between £1000-£2000 is fairly achievable if done correctly taking into account new and existing account offers, more if you are willing to invest the time.
Reply 189
Original post by BeckyMu
Me and my bf have always done it the manual way, once you have done it for a while it becomes second nature, just double check figures to makre sure. As for how much can you make between £1000-£2000 is fairly achievable if done correctly taking into account new and existing account offers, more if you are willing to invest the time.

I would definitely like to try doing it manually because from what Ive read you make bigger returns but I really wouldn't know where to begin....

EDIT: Yay another £13.98 profit
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 190
:biggrin: Well done Suzie! Just about to do the BlueSquare offer after Oceans 13 on ITV1! Have you done it yet? It sounds good - £5 for £10 - must be some extended profit there!

To be honest, I'm not sure I'll be doing it manually because of the time and risk. Also, I quite like the fact that they've been really good at getting back to me when I've had a question which is a god send if you're in the middle of a bet and it all goes wrong!
Reply 191
Original post by sonyhamster
:biggrin: Well done Suzie! Just about to do the BlueSquare offer after Oceans 13 on ITV1! Have you done it yet? It sounds good - £5 for £10 - must be some extended profit there!

To be honest, I'm not sure I'll be doing it manually because of the time and risk. Also, I quite like the fact that they've been really good at getting back to me when I've had a question which is a god send if you're in the middle of a bet and it all goes wrong!

Haha yeah thats true. Im going to do the bluesquare in the morning hopefully.
Did the totesport this afternoon my intial bet settled earlier on I think I made a £2.20 loss, ive got myself completely confused as to the exact amount of profit & loss from things because I had too many all going on at the same time lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 192
Just done Ladbrokes and VCBet today. I have to say having used fixtheodds now for the past two weeks, it has now become really easy! Going through their instructions, it literally took 10 minutes to sign up and do the two bets!

I hope they put some more offers up!

Expecting a loss of something like 90p and £1.14 respectively - so I just have to wait until Saturday for the matches to play. Then hopefully, this time next week - I should be quids in!

Hopefully I'll make £100 by Christmas! :biggrin:
Reply 193
Well done! Keep it up

Been trying to accurately calculate my profit so far, and although it should be around £45 (3 offers at around £15 profit each - fixtheodds says my profit is £44.77), if I calculate how much money Ive put into various places, and how much Ive got back its actually nearer £35 - I guess due to the losses and the commisson charges at betfair etc - Might be worth double checking figures
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 194
Original post by suzie101
I would definitely like to try doing it manually because from what Ive read you make bigger returns but I really wouldn't know where to begin....

EDIT: Yay another £13.98 profit

ok, i think i have an answer regarding returns, as earlier on today i emailed fixtheodds about their returns..

they have come back saying that they are completely aware of all the other offers out there, however they assess and 'vet' each one to make sure that each one works and there is no risk to us users whatsoever...

basically some of the offers out there have conditions, terms etc, which mean that there is a high mathematical chance that you will lose money, so they have purposefully excluded those to ensure us users do not make a loss...

also they have assured me that they have many other offers that are coming up in the coming week so that the amount we can make will go up significantly.

so all in all, doing it manually does not actually get you better returns - it is just that you can do more offers which in turn can be risky and lose you money.
Reply 195
Original post by neb1405
ok, i think i have an answer regarding returns, as earlier on today i emailed fixtheodds about their returns..

they have come back saying that they are completely aware of all the other offers out there, however they assess and 'vet' each one to make sure that each one works and there is no risk to us users whatsoever...

basically some of the offers out there have conditions, terms etc, which mean that there is a high mathematical chance that you will lose money, so they have purposefully excluded those to ensure us users do not make a loss...

also they have assured me that they have many other offers that are coming up in the coming week so that the amount we can make will go up significantly.

so all in all, doing it manually does not actually get you better returns - it is just that you can do more offers which in turn can be risky and lose you money.

That makes sense, I think its quite good that they filter it out, otherwise we wouldn't know better!
Reply 196
Original post by neb1405

Ah, well done for trying! I did suspect that might be the case. Hopefully this time next week, I will have made a tidy profit for Christmas!
Been doing this a few days now, made a tenner in profit so to everyone dubious, it does work!

Just done the William Hill one on FTO, anyone else done it?
Reply 198
Definitely worth while. Yep, done the William Hill one last week and made about £16! It's quite an easy one to do - and it gets so much quicker after you've done it once or twice!
Reply 199
hey everyone. Just checking in from my hotel room in london. Just checked and the totesport bet made around £8 profit i think which isnt bad for a £10 bet. Dont seem to be able to view my balance or anything on betfair but it may just be my phone, hopefuly nothing gone wrong with the account have about £65 in there!

Latest

Trending

Trending