The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glenn1602
As a newbie matched better, I have a question. Probably very stupid, but I guess we all have to start somewhere.

Why do you have to lose on your qualifying bet? Can you not just look around to find back odds that are slightly higher than your lay odds? Or is that impossible?

You can, that is called arbing, but arbs are hard to find. Especially on football odds.
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
You can, that is called arbing, but arbs are hard to find. Especially on football odds.

Right, so it's not impossible to win money on your qualifier bet, it just very rarely happens?
Right, so it's not impossible to win money on your qualifier bet, it just very rarely happens?

Correct. Although in some cases to be eligible for your bonus you may have to lose your money with that bookie, i.e 'No lose risk free £20 bet - we refund your money if you lose etc", that sort of thing, so you aim for high odds to ensure your money lands in betfair.

Hope that makes sense am very tired.

To be honest most people on here just go with a loss because its the quickest and easiest option. A lot of the main UK bookies have good odds and you should easily be able to find an arb and make a profit from the qualifyer.

Some bookies actually monitor betfair odds making it actually impossible to get arbs so yeah depending on the bookie, sometimes you just have to accept a loss.
Reply 1584
Finally got my first qualifying bet done, messed it up slightly, laying half of what I should at first, but managed to lay again at similar odds. Think I've underlayed but there's about 30p in it so I'm not too fussed.
Has anyone done ALL the offers on fixtheodds? There's some dodgy looking ones at the bottom. Depositing £700 with titanbet, and "complicated withdrawal process" with bet770? :/ would be reassuing if anyone could say they've done them all fine.
Reply 1586
VC Bet. Do they normally take the whole 2 days to credit your account with promo cash/free bet? Seems unnecessarily long :frown:
Original post by impossible!
Has anyone done ALL the offers on fixtheodds? There's some dodgy looking ones at the bottom. Depositing £700 with titanbet, and "complicated withdrawal process" with bet770? :/ would be reassuing if anyone could say they've done them all fine.

Done both those offers manually (not through fixtheodds). Titanbet is a good offer. bet £800 get £100. bet 770 is slightly dodgy. Their withdrawals take forever and funny things happened on my account. But I managed to do their offer fine and make profit.

Original post by Xno-
VC Bet. Do they normally take the whole 2 days to credit your account with promo cash/free bet? Seems unnecessarily long :frown:

It depends. Bookies usually say within 24 or 48 hours till the freebets credited. I've had instances where I've had it instantly and other cases where they've taken 2 days. I don't think there's a set time.
Original post by Wolvarium
Done both those offers manually (not through fixtheodds). Titanbet is a good offer. bet £800 get £100. bet 770 is slightly dodgy. Their withdrawals take forever and funny things happened on my account. But I managed to do their offer fine and make profit.

It depends. Bookies usually say within 24 or 48 hours till the freebets credited. I've had instances where I've had it instantly and other cases where they've taken 2 days. I don't think there's a set time.

I see, thanks for the info. I don't know if I have the money for the Titanbet thing really, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'll bare in mind what you've said about bet 770 too. Thanks! :smile:
I see, thanks for the info. I don't know if I have the money for the Titanbet thing really, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'll bare in mind what you've said about bet 770 too. Thanks! :smile:

Basically you'll need quite a large float to do the titanbet offer so I'd reccommend leaving it for a while.

Bet770 is worth doing but approach it with caution. I'd reccommend leaving it for a while too as the withdrawal takes about 2 weeks so if you ended up getting quite a bit stuck there you wouldn't be able to do any other offers for a couple of weeks.

But both are worth doing. Just as long as you don't rush into them you should come out with a nice bit of profit!

Your welcome :smile:
Reply 1590
First matched bet will be done when the St Mirren v Rangers game is over. About 59% off a £10 SNR free bet, lost about 10% on messing up slightly, so pretty happy in all seeing as I decided to do it manually and with a relatively small float.

Does anyone know if there are any £25 and under SR bets out there at the moment?
Original post by Swindan
First matched bet will be done when the St Mirren v Rangers game is over. About 59% off a £10 SNR free bet, lost about 10% on messing up slightly, so pretty happy in all seeing as I decided to do it manually and with a relatively small float.

Does anyone know if there are any £25 and under SR bets out there at the moment?

59%! You've really not played that one very well!
Reply 1592
Original post by DoktaUH
59%! You've really not played that one very well!

Like I said, lost 10% on a silly mistake that won't happen again, so it would have been about 70%. Seeing as I've only just started, and I'm doing it manually rather than through FTO, I'm not too dissappointed.
Anyway, better to get smaller percentages now when I'm working through the smaller offers, rather than mess up on the larger offers :smile:

EDIT: Also, it was a SNR bet and I only have a small float at the moment, the highest odds I could do were about 5.20
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Xno-

That's nothing. With 12Bet I have been waiting 4 DAYS for them to credit my account. Now 4 DAYS waiting for a withdrawal, ****ing **** bookie. Avoid them like the ****ing plague.
Quick question. Does fix the odds show all current offers? I'm just wondering what difference it makes doing manually, surely there must be loads more offers out there for it to be worthwhile doing it manually? I'm just thinking ahead in case I ever wanna give it a go.

Made £45 with fix the odds so far. Going about it slowly and carefully haha.
Reply 1595
By 'all current offers' I assume you mean every free bet offer available on the 'net?

No, not at all. There are hundreds around.

Personally, I did my first matched bet on Fixtheodds so I had someone/something to guide me through the first one. I made £6.75 out of £10. I then decided I would just sign up to the bookie's myself, and do it manually. I've been slowly working my way through, trying to make at least £20 a week.
Original post by Xno-
By 'all current offers' I assume you mean every free bet offer available on the 'net?

No, not at all. There are hundreds around.

Personally, I did my first matched bet on Fixtheodds so I had someone/something to guide me through the first one. I made £6.75 out of £10. I then decided I would just sign up to the bookie's myself, and do it manually. I've been slowly working my way through, trying to make at least £20 a week.

Wow, impressive. I am definitely looking into doing it manually.
Reply 1597
Wow, impressive. I am definitely looking into doing it manually.

I've only just started out, and I'm doing it manually but also using FTO. FTO is useful as a list of offers with links to each site. The odds you want are simple to find, if you're not sure just mess about with the numbers in the matcher spreadsheet if you have it? If you don't, get it, can be extremely helpful.
Well just thought Id pop in....been away from this for a while now due to uni....finally got somewhere with my diss at 5k words so still another 5k to go in less than 3 weeks eek!
Had the first of my 3 exams today, others in May....
Crappy week, our lovely hamster died in our arms yesterday...so soooo sad, I miss her so much already....

Hoping if I have the cash then Ill try and get back into MB again soon :smile:
Hey guys, anyone having the minor problem that some bookie withdrawals take a while to be credited into your bank account?

Latest

Trending

Trending