The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dodger1
With all due respect - i understand it a lot better than you think.
1)I am warning users to stay away from backing and laying horses as its Dangerous and is Gambling.
2)I also am just pointing out that with all the major bookmakers you get bigger Free Bets by opening Telephone Accounts and its therefore more profitable or you need to stake less money to get the same Free Bets.
Now why has that ruffled so many feathers and what is so wrong about it?
If you back your Free Bet of say £50 at 7.0 at the bookmakers and lay £45 at 7.0 at an exchange you could lose the lay of £270 and not win anything at the bookmakers with a stewards enquiry-sooner or later that will happen.
Only one way to describe that and that is Gambling.

Really not sure if you're trolling now or incredibly retarded. You're just constantly repeating the same crap.
1) it's NOT gambling. HOW many tiiiiiiiiimes?! i think i may punch something.
2) naaaah as epilepticfridgeboy pointed out, they're the same except paddypower you noob, and telephone accounts are far more inconvenient especially when the odds change quickly.
3) naaaah because we're getting 85%+ return. you may be doing 2 free bets at once, but you're hardly maximising profits. I'd rather do them seperately and make a lot more.
4) we dont JUST use horses you know, most of my bets are on football etc.
5) i know someone who has literally, done hundreds upon hundreds of horse bets and that has never happened and i'm pretty sure he's made more than you probably ever will be able to doing it your way.

WE ARE NOT GAMBLING. I'M FEDUP WITH SAYING THIS NOW.

also well done on not backing yourself up againt the points i made XD proves them just a tad don'cha think?

it's pretty clear nobody here really believes in or wants to use your method, so why don't you just take yourself away and get on with it? you're not getting any referrals here no matter how much you attempt to poorly state your case.
Original post by EpilepticFridgeBoy
Really not sure if you're trolling now or incredibly retarded. You're just constantly repeating the same crap.

i love you.
Original post by dodger1
With all due respect - i understand it a lot better than you think.
1)I am warning users to stay away from backing and laying horses as its Dangerous and is Gambling.
2)I also am just pointing out that with all the major bookmakers you get bigger Free Bets by opening Telephone Accounts and its therefore more profitable or you need to stake less money to get the same Free Bets.
Now why has that ruffled so many feathers and what is so wrong about it?
If you back your Free Bet of say £50 at 7.0 at the bookmakers and lay £45 at 7.0 at an exchange you could lose the lay of £270 and not win anything at the bookmakers with a stewards enquiry-sooner or later that will happen.
Only one way to describe that and that is Gambling.

1) This is false. It is not gambling therefore you are posting wrong information. We have been through this and you completely ignore the counter arguments people have posted. There is about a 0.0001% chance of a horse coming first and being disqualified so if that is gambling then me cutting a loaf of bread is gambling with my life.

2) What bigger freebets? Most bookies at the moment have bet £30 get £60 for internet accounts too. Some have higher and the majority of bookies don't have phone accounts, only the few UK ones.

3) what the hell is a "stewards enquiry"??? Basically you are taking things that have the most tiny percentage chance of it happening and implying that it will happen fairly often. This is what most people call lying. I've done this for months and its never happened to me. Many many people will say exactly the same.

4) Therefore you need to look up the definition of "Gambling" because you clearly don't understand what the term means and your lies are not wanted on this forum.

Oh and please don't bother posting again if you're just going to repeat yourself again and again.
If you want to post again then ACTUALLY respond to what we're saying and COUNTER the arguments we are making. You haven't actually proven us wrong at all. You're just repeating your points over and over which is a 3 year olds method of debate.
Reply 1784
Wolvarium-i am not talking about Arbing so dont know where you are coming from on that.
I am talking about Free Bet release - you get bigger Free Bets by opening Telephone Accounts what is wrong with that???
It is a fact-so why would you open an account over the internet when you can get double the money over the phone.Your first Lay Bet will be at short odds so that is not a problem-the only fluctuating odds are on horse racing.
Ok just answer me this question.
I am just starting out and want to open a William Hills Account-its Bet £30 get £60 Free Bet.
How would you advise me to proceed laying that off?
*punches mattress*
Reply 1786
Camera Girl-look at the list and let me know they are the same apart from paddy power?

If you say you do mostly football-which odds change quickly-Answer none at the bookmakers.
Carry on throwing insults and smokescreens.
Let me assure you i am going no-where!
Original post by dodger1
Wolvarium-i am not talking about Arbing so dont know where you are coming from on that.
I am talking about Free Bet release - you get bigger Free Bets by opening Telephone Accounts what is wrong with that???
It is a fact-so why would you open an account over the internet when you can get double the money over the phone.Your first Lay Bet will be at short odds so that is not a problem-the only fluctuating odds are on horse racing.
Ok just answer me this question.
I am just starting out and want to open a William Hills Account-its Bet £30 get £60 Free Bet.
How would you advise me to proceed laying that off?

I was talking about arbing because arbing over the phone is very inconvenient and if you have only a minute to catch the arb you could easily miss it by phoning up.

Give me an example of a phone offer that is greater than the internet offer because pretty much all of them are the same amount.
They are definitely not double the amount. Provide evidence to back up this claim please.

Ok so for the £30 qualifier, just search around a bit and find a close match around 2.0 odds. Something like 2.04 back odds and 2 lay odds would be ideal as you'd barely lose £1.
The bet will either win in the bookie or in betfair.
Then you're given the £60 freebet. You want higher odds if its a stake not returned freebet so about 6 odds would do. If you repeat the process that you used placing the qualifying bet then you'd come out with about £50+ profit from one offer.
you know what, i really cannot be bothered, i've done most of them anyway and made over £2000. you never did say how much you've actually made, out of interest? rather than just repeating yourself...

if you do football in-play, then the odds can change quickly, but you're likely to get closer odds or arbs even. i once got 110% profit on a free bet doing it that way.

i already said i hate using the phone to organise things, i far more trust myself double-checking my bets before placement, over the internet, than some random i don't know over the phone where i can't double check it or come up with an excuse for changing my mind without letting on that i'm matched betting, and when they probably can't understand a word i'm saying sat in some call centre somewhere.

i use football, or horses. i've never made a loss of more than £5, which is hardly a lot compared to £2150.

it's not all about the list on fix the odds either, we've had an argument on this thread before about how FTO doesn't have the best offers posted up, but we're past pathetic arguments (or were, anyway, until you came along), and use this forum to help and advise.

will hill currently have a bet £30 get £60 on their site too, all you have to do is go and look.

FTO is not an exhaustive list, nor has the only offers available. sites often have better ones themselves, or other affiliates offer better ones elsewhere.
Reply 1789
Wolvarian - i have just noticed you have called me a Liar.
Now you can Bul and Bluster all you want but the Users Deserve to know the Truth and that is that they are Gambling-the Risk may not be great but it still exists.
How do you think one would feel if he/she started off with small stakes-spent a couple of weeks building up the balance to say £300 and then lost it on a First Past the Post Scenario?
Thats not a lie its a possibility-all i am saying is that if you are advising people or directing people to sites that lay Horses then you should make them aware of the Risk and let them decide if it is worth taking.
There are Correct Scores in Football-particulary 1-0 to the favourite and 1-1 that would achieve the same lay results and eliminate that risk.
Original post by dodger1
Wolvarian - i have just noticed you have called me a Liar.
Now you can Bul and Bluster all you want but the Users Deserve to know the Truth and that is that they are Gambling-the Risk may not be great but it still exists.
How do you think one would feel if he/she started off with small stakes-spent a couple of weeks building up the balance to say £300 and then lost it on a First Past the Post Scenario?
Thats not a lie its a possibility-all i am saying is that if you are advising people or directing people to sites that lay Horses then you should make them aware of the Risk and let them decide if it is worth taking.
There are Correct Scores in Football-particulary 1-0 to the favourite and 1-1 that would achieve the same lay results and eliminate that risk.

The definition of gambling: Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods.

An event with an UNCERTAIN outcome. Is a 0.001% an uncertain outcome?
If it is then , as I've said many times before, cooking dinner is gambling because there is a tiny chance the oven will blow up and kill you.
The definition of gambling is an "uncertain" outcome. A 0.001% chance of losing money is not uncertain. It is extremely, extremely unlikely, which is completely different.

So Yes, by the definition of gambling that I have quoted, you are lying.

Betting on football doesn't eliminate the risk. The tiny chance there is of a horse coming first and getting disqualified, there is a similar chance of a bookies site going down, or you making a human error, or odds being wrong and your bet being voided or countless other possibilities.

So again I have proved you wrong and let me guess, in your next post you'll just repeat your previous posts again?

By turning this thread into an argument you really aren't helping people at all.
Several people have come to my defence and agreed with me.
How many people on this thread have agreed with you? None.
So what does that tell you?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1791
Right Wolvarium - thanks for that reply.
Yes i am with you on the William Hills one-so i have bet £30 and laid it at betfair.
Doing that if it wins at Betfair i will lose £1 in commission and maybe the Lay but it will have cost me £60.
Now if you had matched my scenario off with William Hills and Ladbrokes say.You would have staked £60 but would have released £120 worth of Free Bets and it would have cost you an extra £1.50 maybe which you would probably have lost when you backed at Ladbrokes and laid it to get the Free Bet.
What you do with the Free Bets after that is up to the individual but thats just a way of releasing Free Bets easier-simpler-and with one less transaction for exactly the same cost-do you not agree?
Original post by dodger1
Right Wolvarium - thanks for that reply.
Yes i am with you on the William Hills one-so i have bet £30 and laid it at betfair.
Doing that if it wins at Betfair i will lose £1 in commission and maybe the Lay but it will have cost me £60.
Now if you had matched my scenario off with William Hills and Ladbrokes say.You would have staked £60 but would have released £120 worth of Free Bets and it would have cost you an extra £1.50 maybe which you would probably have lost when you backed at Ladbrokes and laid it to get the Free Bet.
What you do with the Free Bets after that is up to the individual but thats just a way of releasing Free Bets easier-simpler-and with one less transaction for exactly the same cost-do you not agree?

"It will have cost me £60"

How?! By doing the £30 qualifier you will lose ONLY that £1 by backing and laying the outcome. Then you get the freebet, whatever the outcome.
Then by backing and laying with the £60 freebet you will get a total of £50 + profit from one offer, rather than £50 profit from TWO offers that you are claiming which is half the amount of profit.

So its not exactly the same cost. You can get £100 from £120 of freebets and £50 from a £60 freebet.

You clearly don't understand how to matched bet as you're getting half the amount you should.
Reply 1793
No i meant i had to stake £60 -£30 at Hills and £30 at Betfair wheras you have no need to do that as by doing £30 at Hills and £30 at Ladbrokes you get £120 of Free Bets(which as i said you can do what you want with) as opoosed to doing them as two seperate transactions.
ie Back at Hills-lay at Betfair and back at Ladbrokes-lay at Betfair.
You get exactly the same result at exactly the same cost but miss a transaction out?
Do you not agree????
Reply 1794
WE ARE GETTING ACROSS HERE-I AM NOT REFERING TO THE fREE bets i am referring to the simpler AND CHEAPER way of the FREE bet RELEASE.
It also wouldn't work with all the bookies that have a "£20 no lose bet". the way we do it we can still guarantee profit. the way you do it, you'd effectively be gambling as you could lose money quite easily. oooooh. yeah. anyway. who really cares can we please just not do what we like? everyone can see you making the same points over and over again and it's all really rather boring and childish especially since you have to keep caps yelling at us.

Also it's really starting to bug me that you keep putting capital letter at the beginning of random words in a sentence/paragraph, could you please stop doing that? Ta.
Original post by dodger1
No i meant i had to stake £60 -£30 at Hills and £30 at Betfair wheras you have no need to do that as by doing £30 at Hills and £30 at Ladbrokes you get £120 of Free Bets(which as i said you can do what you want with) as opoosed to doing them as two seperate transactions.
You get exactly the same result at exactly the same cost but miss a transaction out?
Do you not agree????

Ok you can release two freebets with one transaction but you're getting half the profits.
People here want to make money so I'm sure they prefer to just do the freebets seperately for DOUBLE the profits.

And laying £30 at 2 odds is £30 liability so basically £30 at betfair and £30 at the bookie is exactly the same amount as £30 on one bookie and £30 on another.
It may be higher for the freebets but you can build up your float by doing small offers first.

And this method only works for simple offers like bet £30 get £60.
What about offers that require you to wager the freebet 5 times?
What would you do then?

An offer like bet24 you have to deposit £30 and they instantly give you £30 making your balance £60 before you've placed a bet. Then you have to place e.g. £300's worth of bets before you can withdraw.
Use your method for that offer please.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1797
Original post by dodger1
Do you not agree????

Your argument is basically, spend a little less time and get around 50% profit, or spend a little more time and get around 85% profit, possibly more. There is no argument.
Reply 1798
Anyone doing the Ladbrokes daily offer, £20 bet on first race of the day, £10 free bet on the last? Doesn't seem like there are any decent odds at the moment, am I best waiting until just before?
Original post by Swindan
Anyone doing the Ladbrokes daily offer, £20 bet on first race of the day, £10 free bet on the last? Doesn't seem like there are any decent odds at the moment, am I best waiting until just before?

probably not just before, but an hour/half an hour before, even 20 minutes, then yeah the odds are likely to be better :smile: the day before though they'll probably be a bit cruddy! though cheltenham might not provide any arbs, since due to the offers they'll be watching the odds closely, you may be able to get better odds waiting until closer to the race, yes :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending