The Student Room Group

Feeling De-Motivated

I've been trying soo hard since September in my A levels, I'm constantly doing school work and it's become a habit for me. I'm not doing as well as I would've liked to in my mocks I got a C in C1 C in D1 and a C in Gov&Pol and C in business considering I'm aiming for 3 A's at the end of AS has anybody got any advice which might be users for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OnlyWayIsUp!
I've been trying soo hard since September in my A levels, I'm constantly doing school work and it's become a habit for me. I'm not doing as well as I would've liked to in my mocks I got a C in C1 C in D1 and a C in Gov&Pol and C in business considering I'm aiming for 3 A's at the end of AS has anybody got any advice which might be users for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well pretty much the rest of your life depends on this so if that's not motivation to do well, I don't know what is......
I know and understand that my life pretty much depends on them, however I put soo much effo inside school and at hom,e I've pretty much given up my social life because I've realised they are soo important. However I feel quite annoyed that my grades don't highlight how hard I've been working.
Reply 3
Maybe it's because you're trying too hard? You may not notice it but your frustration to cover everything at once may actually lead to an ineffective way of studying. Your attitude and manner of studying highly reflects on your end result. If you're going through a hard or stressful time, studying in that period will be pointless. Take breaks, go out, do some extra curricular activities. Do not revise or study for pro longed hours, it's scientifically proven our attention span lasts for merely 45 minutes or less on average. Get support or help from your lecturers or friends, try study groups; tutoring and discussing subjects with classmates help to keep the subject content in mind at all times and also it's an easier way to revise when you're explaining to another individual. It's not about memorizing, but knowing at heart what you're actually studying.

Why not check out some news articles and magazines under business, examiners always appreciate the examinees' who use general knowledge into context of the paper.

I hope this was of some help and gave you an insight on the action you must take to progress from the slump you're in. Be positive! :smile:
All the best for your exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending