The Student Room Group

Cameron to say face veils need to be removed for officials

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BobbyFlay
They are eating the body of the holy flying spaghetti monster.
One with the body, one with the mind, one with the meatballs.

In the name of the pasta, the sauce, and the parmesan cheese, amen.
Original post by Katty3
Why? Faith schools are perfectly acceptable. They can have advantages.

I was at a religious primary school and I found that perfectly fine. It meant that I had to sing hymns.

I was not disadvantaged in any way by attending a faith school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to a supposedly secular primary school that had a hell of a lot of religion in it. It did teach m,e to dislike religion so... :yy:

They really had to scrape the barrel when it came to telling us Old Testament 'fables' that were in anyway suitable for children. Funny how they didn't tell of the on where you should offer your female slave to be raped and cut into tiny pieces in order to escape from attackers :rofl:
Original post by sw651
1. This is wrong, I have Muslim friends who don't wear it.

As so I and Isn't it ironic those who say people should have the CHOICE are also usually the ones telling people what they should be wearing:biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by sdotd
What a disgrace cameron is. We need a full ban

And if Corbyn had his way, Britain would be majority Islam
Reply 44
Original post by BaconandSauce
As so I and Isn't it ironic those who say people should have the CHOICE are also usually the ones telling people what they should be wearing:biggrin:

PRSOM.

The illusion of choice is a wonderful thing :wink:
So a women isn't required at all and given this would leave many companies open to claims of sexual discrimination I'm glad you respond this way

But sadly you are the first person I have asked this question too that has responded like this.

Why should we be cause issues by not co-operating?

I don't know if you believe in God, but I do and I believe he looks at our intentions and he knows we aren't revealing ourselves so we can attract people (sexually/physically etc), rather for identification and security purposes. Nothing wrong with that imo.
Original post by thunder_chunky

Amen.
May his meatiness be inside us all.
Original post by MsFahima
Yes, CHOICE. What's so amusing?

The same choice a homosexual child has to tell their fundamentalist parents, or the choice an office worker has to go in to work in jeans and a t-shirt. Just because there are no laws dictating that it must be worn, doesn't mean that you can easily just not wear it. It's laughable to claim there are no cultural pressures influencing the decision.
Reply 48
Original post by BobbyFlay
Amen.
May his meatiness be inside us all.

Pastafarianism is the best/
Why should we be cause issues by not co-operating?

I don't know if you believe in God, but I do and I believe he looks at our intentions and he knows we aren't revealing ourselves so we can attract people (sexually/physically etc), rather for identification and security purposes. Nothing wrong with that imo.

It seems there have been cases where this is done to cause issues

I can name a few cases (like the women who went through the interview process wearing normal clothes then turned up for work on day one wearing the full burka or the women who refused to show herself while in court)

Original post by sw651
1. This is wrong, I have Muslim friends who don't wear it.

2. Incorrect, face shape is used as determination for identity too, the Hijab conceals that unless it is worn loosely

According to our religion, they should be wearing it. They know the rules are there. But we should never force someone. It is upto them if they would like to wear it or not. And that is know as CHOICE.
Original post by thunder_chunky

Literally the best signature GIF I have ever seen.
It seems there have been cases where this is done to cause issues

I can name a few cases (like the women who went through the interview process wearing normal clothes then turned up for work on day one wearing the full burka or the women who refused to show herself while in court)

I know. I heard about that. I think that was wrong of her. I can't hold myself accountable for her actions but personally I would not do such a thing.
Reply 53
According to our religion, they should be wearing it. They know the rules are there. But we should never force someone. It is upto them if they would like to wear it or not. And that is know as CHOICE.

That is not choice. They SHOULD be wearing it. If you follow the Quran to the letter then that isn't choice.
Good, good.

Do they cover their faces when on the phone:biggrin:

(this has made me laugh now have an image of a muslim women taking a dump, the phone ringing then her running around to look for her burka before answering it:biggrin: (add the Benny Hill theme tune and you have some classic comedy right there))

Seems rather an odd thing to do given it's purpose but as I say a phone conversation both parties have agreed on the format (a phone call) the same should apply when dealing with someone face to face.

Lol :lol:

If they should it's not a choice

Simple question can a muslim choose not to wear it and still be a muslim

So if the law of the land you live in stated that it was illegal to cover your face then presumably god wouldn't hold you accountable. So there's no problem really, is there?
Original post by sw651
That is not choice. They SHOULD be wearing it. If you follow the Quran to the letter then that isn't choice.

Hijab means modesty. And people interpret it in different ways. Wearing a headscarf is one way. Yes, they have a choice of following the religion and it's rules. You can't force anybody. In Islam we are told not to force anyone.
If they should it's not a choice

Simple question can a muslim choose not to wear it and still be a muslim

Yes, ofcourse!
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
So if the law of the land you live in stated that it was illegal to cover your face then presumably god wouldn't hold you accountable. So there's no problem really, is there?

No, there is a problem. You are taking away our freedom to practice our religion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending