The Student Room Group

UWS's journey to a First Class degree!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Chapter 30 - Pressure Mounts

The E-Commerce result came out... The result may be surprising to many

What did I get?

Spoiler

It now is down to the last module of which the results will be released on Tuesday. Final calculations will also take place on Tuesday to determine what is needed in the dissertation mark. Stay tuned to find out!
Reply 41
Chapter 31 - Understatement

IT For Business results were released today...

Spoiler

What does this mean for my final grade? Well, things are looking positive but after I've had an absolute **** 2nd semester.

As it stands I need 90% in the E-Commerce exam to get my 80%... Will it happen? I'll need to study extra hard now
Reply 42
Chapter 32 - The Exam That Never Was

So here it is.. The calculations are complete and below is a table which shows what is required in the exam next Friday for it to change anything in the dissertation in order to graduate with a first in 2 months time

As it stands I need 40/85 in the dissertation to get my first.

I need 87% in the exam next Friday to knock off a mark in the dissertation. Some say every mark counts but considering 40/85 is roughly 47%... Is there any need to make the effort to revise 87% standard?

It is worth noting that I have only attained more than 87% in an exam once and that was in the first year and it was a Maths module (I'm Chinese so yeah...).

There's no more motivation or in my opinion, any need to revise as up to 87% standard... This is an essay based exam so marks will be lost no matter what. I'd only need to revise up to get 10%, which would give me the module pass.

Perhaps anyone reading this could give me their opinions on this situation?
Reply 43
Chapter 33 - End Game

My last exam is over. With barely any revision I managed to finish all 5 questions and i feel that I could even get a first overall for this module. But if only I had revised more, I could even have achieved the 92%-96% that I required to reduce the dissertation mark by 2 marks. But what's done is done now and what matters most is that university is officially over!

It means as it stands, I need 40/85 in the dissertation to get my first overall. It should be enough... Unless something terribly goes wrong, I think I will get the first now.. The results will be out in about a months time...

What's left is applying for a graduate role.

4 replies back this week... 1 rejection, 1 "on-hold" and 2 interviews for next week. A graduate job before graduation would be the perfect result... Will i get it though?
Reply 44
Chapter 34 - Cliffhanger

I had an assessment center today for a top company. Fingers crossed that I get the job! Details to be revealed if I get the offer!

Some of my friends from other universities have already got their results and I'm still awaiting my results. The deadline that we were given to receive our results is the 1st of July but it could be as early as next week! What will I get? It's been a long few months running this thread but it's almost over... Stay tuned to find out the outcome!
Reply 45
Chapter 35 - The Sky's The Limit

Today marks an important day in the history of UWS. I received a job offer at a big company!

You could probably guess from the title of this post but if not then the company is Sky!

I really didn't think I would get the job but I did!!

All that's left now is to wait for those all important university results. Can I make it a full house and graduate with a first? Stay tuned to find out!!
Original post by UWS
Chapter 35 - The Sky's The Limit
Today marks an important day in the history of UWS. I received a job offer at a big company!

You could probably guess from the title of this post but if not then the company is Sky!

I really didn't think I would get the job but I did!!

All that's left now is to wait for those all important university results. Can I make it a full house and graduate with a first? Stay tuned to find out!!

Sky :eek::eek2::eek3::eek4: congrats!

(Oops, and well done with the results that you've recieved so far).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
Chapter 36 - I Want Them Now!

My final university results will be out this Friday. It will determine what classification I need to graduate.

The below combinations are the minimum required for a first. The dissertation result is what matters the most as it counts towards 19.25% of the final grade and I only need about 9%...

Ideally I'm looking for at least a 70% as it would give me a first for everything and would give me a final grade of 75% across all years. I'm definitely NOT aiming for the minimum here!!

With a job at Sky already acquired the perfect ending to this story will be to graduate with a first.

I will constantly be refreshing my emails on Friday and as soon as I get my results I'll post them here!

A second goal would be to get a first in every single module this year. So far I have 4/5, I need exactly 70% in the E-Commerce exam to get 5/5.

First/Second year modules also updated in first post. Check them out to see progression.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Chapter 37 - The Wait Is Over!

Got my results today!!

Find out what I got, though you can probably guess.

Spoiler

Original post by UWS
Chapter 37 - The Wait Is Over!

Got my results today!!

Find out what I got, though you can probably guess.

Spoiler

Congrats!! You deserve it
Literally inspiring!! I hope I can do this too!
Reply 51
I would like to thank everyone who supported me! Let this thread serve as motivation to anyone who didn't do well at their A-Levels and that you can always turn it around at uni and become successful!!
Congratulations man, truly inspirational stuff!! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Thanks! I'm a developer (originally started on the DevOps scheme), working on products like Sky Mobile right now.

I am coming up to my first year at Sky now, it's gone by so quickly! To think it's been a year since I've finished uni...
Reply 54
Haven't been following through this blog but very well done on your first class degree @UWS
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending