The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University Final Grade

I'm currently a final year student at UWE. UWE has provided an excel spreadsheet to determine my final grade from the modules I have chosen with the appropriate credits. Based on my marks, my estimated overall mark is 59.85%. And the estimated degree outcome is a 2:2. Would UWE round this up to 60%, and possible give a 2:1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently a final year student at UWE. UWE has provided an excel spreadsheet to determine my final grade from the modules I have chosen with the appropriate credits. Based on my marks, my estimated overall mark is 59.85%. And the estimated degree outcome is a 2:2. Would UWE round this up to 60%, and possible give a 2:1

All depends on your universities policy! It isn't uncommon for final degree grades within 0.5% to be rounded up but you need to check your policy to be sure :smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Anonymous

The policy on rounding up should be in your degree regulations/handbook
Original post by ageshallnot
The policy on rounding up should be in your degree regulations/handbook

Edit:

"Only where a student started their studies before 1 August 2022, the Award Board has the right to award one class higher than that which is calculated by the student record system when considering individual student results.

The Award Board will automatically award you a higher level of award than the one predicted by your final overall mark if:

* your final overall mark is less than or equal to 0.5% below the higher classification (for example, a final overall mark between 69.5% 69.9% would become a First)"

https://www.uwe.ac.uk/study/academic-information/degree-classifications#a25cf20ec-84cc-40a2-bbec-8463eb385baa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending