The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One essay done so far (English). Today I've been through the whole Economics syllabus and am revising some of the AS topics. I did an AS multiple choice paper and got 60%, which was slightly depressing, but the areas I made mistakes in were the ones that I needed to revise, anyway. Currently working on some notes for exchange rates, my least favourite topic ever . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
My plan for today is as follows:

ECONOMICS

Revise fiscal, monetary and supply-side policies
Revise the accelerator and multiplier theories
Revise exchange rates

ENGLISH LITERATURE

Make notes on 3 Seamus Heaney poems
Plan essay

HISTORY

Make notes on the Pilgrimage of Grace

Posted from TSR Mobile
So far I have completed the following:

ECONOMICS

Revised some of the fiscal, monetary and supply-side policies
Revised exchange rates

ENGLISH LITERATURE

Made notes on 2 Seamus Heaney poems

HISTORY

. . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today, the plan is to make notes until I get bored. I have a notebook which I've filled out with only the topics of what I need to make notes on.

I think it's pointless to make notes on topics you understand and can remember already, so I've been through the specifications and highlighted as a guide. I'm hopefully going to start at 12, after I eat. Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Price elasticity of demand - revised and notes made!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today I wasn't as productive as I would have liked, but I revised some Economics and a decent amount of English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today the notes continue! I've been motivated by looking at other GYG blogs because everyone seems a lot more productive than me . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yesterday I played some football and I've badly strained my abdominal muscle, so now I can't actually move without pain . . . It really hurts to stand up as well, so I'm going to have to lie down all day. I'm really frustrated as I planned to do a lot today, and not just revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can now sit up! Yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The strain in my adbdominal muscle is a lot better today. I'm going to my relatives' house for ten days, and I'm going to be revising intensely there, but I probably won't get anything done today as I'll be travelling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I revised the Tudors all day today . . . I've covered most of Henry VIII's reign, but I still have a lot to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today (well, yesterday now) went fairly well. I did half of an Economics past paper, which sounds incredibly unproductive, but I did teach myself every topic it mentioned beforehand. I was worrying a bit about how much I still have left to do, but if I continue to work hard then I should be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today I am finishing off my Economics paper and then doing my poetry essay for English Literature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yesterday I did an English essay. Today I'm revising the Tudors and Microeconomics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today I revised the Tudors and some Microeconomics, but I felt as though nothing went in my head . . . :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry for the lack of updates!

I had a mock for two out of four of my English papers and scored a low A on both, which bothered me a bit because I felt as though I had done a lot better than just scraping by. I keep getting the same marks in English - so frustrating! I feel as though I shouldn't be disappointed with an A grade, but no matter how much effort I put into my essays, I never seem to improve.

I had a mock for the Economics unit I have decided to retake and scored 86/100, which I was pleased with considering I only revised the night before. I am yet to get back the results of my other Economics mock!

I have a History mock next week, and will hopefully find out my mark for my coursework soon. I feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information I still have to memorise, but my essays seem to be improving, which is quite reassuring. Also, I was lucky to score 100 UMS last year so I can relax just a little bit when it comes to History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This week has had its ups and downs. My History mock went okay but I know that I need to learn more solid facts to improve my answers even more. I had a poetry mock and got my first A* in English this year, which I was extremely pleased with. Better late than never! On the other hand, I got a C in my Microeconomics mock . . . On one section I got an A but on the other I did atrociously and it brought my mark down to a C overall. Luckily, I have two months to fix this! I've been having some late nights revising for mocks and so I'm looking forward to the Bank Holiday where I can revise and sleep. My plan is to do an English drama essay, a poetry essay and a Macroeconomics essay alongside as much revision as possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've almost finished my notes on Unit 2 Economics and found a great summary of the History course online. I was horribly unproductive yesterday and only did some Shakespeare work, so hopefully today and tomorrow I will get more done. I have some essays, albeit optional, to do, but I feel as though I need to improve my skills!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've finished all of my Shakespeare notes and have just completed an Economics Unit 4 essay. Now for a poetry essay . . . !

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mocks have gone fairly well. I got an A* in my English prose mock, which left me absolutely stunned! I got an A in my History mock as well. My first exam is in two weeks so I'm really going to try and work hard this weekend. I don't have a lot of homework, just a mountain of revision left to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending