The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know the frustration of having a blip and doing terribly. C4 was that exam for me. I'm still rooting for you though. I'm sure you've still done well! :biggrin:
Original post by sophiebookley
I know the frustration of having a blip and doing terribly. C4 was that exam for me. I'm still rooting for you though. I'm sure you've still done well! :biggrin:

Thank you! Hopefully I can balance it out with a better performance in other modules . . .
:hugs:

Hope you're feeling a bit better today. I know exactly what going blank feels like in an exam, it's not fun. But there's nothing you can do about that, apart from trying to do your best in (Econ unit 4?) your next exam, and hope that it all averages out.

:rave: :rave: :rave:
Original post by SeanFM
:hugs:

Hope you're feeling a bit better today. I know exactly what going blank feels like in an exam, it's not fun. But there's nothing you can do about that, apart from trying to do your best in (Econ unit 4?) your next exam, and hope that it all averages out.

:rave: :rave: :rave:

Thanks, Sean! And yes, ECON4 is tomorrow. I got an A in the mock yesterday so I'm feeling a little bit more confident. If I get a B in ECON3 and a high A in my retake then I can feasibly get a high B tomorrow, but I really want to get an A (don't think I'm good enough for an A* but never mind) Hope you're doing well!
Ah, good job, that is promising! :h:

I get you, yeah, you want to do the best you can but all is not lost as long as you meet your offer :yep:

Good luck for tomorrow(I have wjec economics EC4)
Would you consider going into adjustment if you exceeded your offer?
Original post by Aydin7
Good luck for tomorrow(I have wjec economics EC4)
Would you consider going into adjustment if you exceeded your offer?

Thank you, and good luck to you as well! I don't think I would go into adjustment, I really want to do the course I have selected and few universities offer it. I was considering reapplying to Oxbridge (I got rejected from Oxford after interview), but I don't think I'd get the A* needed for Cambridge and I'd probably get rejected by Oxford again, anyway! :colondollar: So no, I'm sticking with Liverpool!
Yes that is a very unique course haha, hope you enjoy your time at liverpool(I visited the open day, nice place). Best of luck :smile:
I guess I should end this thread now.

I start at Liverpool next weekend, and I am very nervous but also excited.

I have had a bit of results drama, though. My grades were as follows:

Economics: B
English Literature: A* (D2 as it's Pre-U)
History: A

EPQ: A*

I'm getting my Economics Unit 3 paper remarked as I somehow got an E in it, despite getting As in the three other papers. Having looked at it, I've acknowledged that's it's not my best work but it's not an E standard paper. Sigh. I was rather shocked by English, and my paper grades were all over the place (they were all out of 50 and I got 24, 28(?), 42, 43, I think). So that was a surprise! I was happy with History as I wasn't expecting an A* after coursework and to be honest I got a bit lazy with it, but somehow I got just under an A* on the paper and a B on the coursework, which, in addition to my AS grades, made it an A grade overall.

I will most likely be back to rant/celebrate about Economics. Enjoy the new term, everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Is EPQ really necessary, I wouldn't mind doing it.
Original post by ALI_123
Is EPQ really necessary, I wouldn't mind doing it.

It's not necessary, but I'd only recommend it if you are passionate about the topic you have chosen as it takes a lot of time and effort. However, I found the whole experience really enjoyable and it was a nice break from my other subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I HAVE NEWS! MY ECONOMICS REMARK WENT UP BY 16 UMS! I NOW HAVE AN A IN ECONOMICS AND A*AA OVERALL!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:woo: :woo: :woo: :excited: :congrats::yy: deserved it 100%

Latest

Trending

Trending