The Student Room Group

Rs investigations help

Hey so im doing my RS investigations on euthanasia, but im really struggling on how I can get the top bands! Does anyone have any advice they could give me of sources that aren't the typical Augustine and Situation and ethics- any books that would benefit me or if they've done it themselves what they wrote about?

Thanks !!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Is this the edexcel exam board? If so, what grade have you been getting as I may be able to help😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Winterblogger
Hey so im doing my RS investigations on euthanasia, but im really struggling on how I can get the top bands! Does anyone have any advice they could give me of sources that aren't the typical Augustine and Situation and ethics- any books that would benefit me or if they've done it themselves what they wrote about?

Thanks !!!

Got full marks in this. It's really easy as soon as you've written an essay which will get full marks, the question doesn't change much, so you can and should follow the exact same essay format, just use words from the question to tie it in.

Overall, I reccomend you start looking at religious principles( Roman Catholic, Church of England and Quaker, Natural Moral Law) and then ethical principles ( Situation ethics, utilitarianism, Kant's Categorical imperative).

Just say what the theory would say about euthanasia, use an example. Use scholars and key terms, and why this is good, giving examples. Then, say what's wrong with the theory and why it may hinder medical ethics. Then move onto the next theory, and say why this may be better. Keep doing this throughout your essay. Remember to keep your writing style and sentences simple and clear. Don't waffle. For euthanasia, think about how the ethical theory may respond to passive/ active/ voluntary/ involuntary.
Original post by AnkitKapoor
Got full marks in this. It's really easy as soon as you've written an essay which will get full marks, the question doesn't change much, so you can and should follow the exact same essay format, just use words from the question to tie it in.

Overall, I reccomend you start looking at religious principles( Roman Catholic, Church of England and Quaker, Natural Moral Law) and then ethical principles ( Situation ethics, utilitarianism, Kant's Categorical imperative).

Just say what the theory would say about euthanasia, use an example. Use scholars and key terms, and why this is good, giving examples. Then, say what's wrong with the theory and why it may hinder medical ethics. Then move onto the next theory, and say why this may be better. Keep doing this throughout your essay. Remember to keep your writing style and sentences simple and clear. Don't waffle. For euthanasia, think about how the ethical theory may respond to passive/ active/ voluntary/ involuntary.

Thankyou this is so helpful! So have you just done scholar point explanation, why its good why its bad and the refer to question and then go on to the next point?
Original post by Winterblogger
Thankyou this is so helpful! So have you just done scholar point explanation, why its good why its bad and the refer to question and then go on to the next point?

Kind of. Just write it so it's clear. Sentences should be short, and if you say something it helps to quickly use a case study.

Quick Reply

Latest