The Student Room Group

Which Exam Board for Religious Studies?

I'm homeschooled and I'm planning to take a RS exam but have no idea whether to do GCSE or IGCSE and don't know which exam board to choose (AQA, Edexcel or CIE)

So if anyone who's taken RS can tell me what exam board they used and what they thought about it, that would be helpful.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Do GCSE not IGCSE as it will be easier to find an exam centre. That rules out CIE.
The new RS GCSEs have only just started so a lot of advice online about the courses will be about the old specifications, just to warn you :smile:
I think AQA is a really good exam board for RE, it’s pretty straight forward with its question for example and there’s flexibility on paper 2
im doing igcse aqa rs and there is so much work to do for paper 1 if your good at English and 12 markers then u will be fine for paper 2 but theres still a lot of revising involved though be warned!
Original post by amyyxj
I'm homeschooled and I'm planning to take a RS exam but have no idea whether to do GCSE or IGCSE and don't know which exam board to choose (AQA, Edexcel or CIE)

So if anyone who's taken RS can tell me what exam board they used and what they thought about it, that would be helpful.
This is so late, but for anyone else wondering, AQA option A is the most easiest in terms of course content. The most challenging would probably be OCR, and Eduqas as the other religious options are more intensive and there is more depth to exams.

Quick Reply

Latest