Original post by Ribenas
Good luck with the actual exams!

-R

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
02/02/2016
Quite an unproductive day

- Chemistry: Revised lattice enthalpy and attempted some exam questions

-Biology- some exam qs on translation/transcription and also self studied 4 more spreads from my bio textbook!

Psychology- nothing.
Having an early night today, and waking up slightly earlier to do some f212 revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
03/02/2016

-Complete notes on Buffers and answer exam Qs on this (DONE)
- Biology Homework (muscles exam questions)
-F212
- 1 hour of f215 tuition today. (DONE- covered lac Operon, homeobox genes and apoptosis)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
04/02/2016
- Make notes on lac Operon, homeobox genes and apoptosis (DONE)
- Biology exam questions homework (DONE)
- Started the entropy topic revision (DONE)
- Breakdown of relationships essay memorised (DONE)

- f212- notes on smoking (DONE)

Quite a productive day today

Posted from TSR Mobile
05/02/2016
- FRIDAY(rest day today)

Posted from TSR Mobile
06/02/2016 PLAN FOR SATURDAY
- wake up at 8.30 (Ended up wake at 12.30)
Work start at 9AM (Started work at 2pm)
- Revise for Biology evaluative (1-2 hours) (DONE)
- start making notes on entropy
(DONE) i'll post the power point I made my notes from and you'll be able to see why it took so long
- Start genetics (reading ahead) + memorise(not done)
- Exam Questions on buffers(not done)
- F212(NOT DONE)
- Revise for research methods test.(DONE)

I need to start being realistic with the amount of work i can get done on weekends- note taking is time consuming so should try and get that done on weekdays.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
The resources I used to make my notes.
Weekly update
Biology- unit 5 module 1 (almost done) module 4 (done)
Chemistry- Lattice enthalpy, rates,buffers, entropy (done)
Psychology- Started eating behaviour, and half way through relationships

My plan for holidays
- Revise all that ive done in class and self teach module 3 of biology
-Finish f212 revision
-start f322 revision
-revise for my test on acids, bases, rates, entropy, and buffers for when I get back
-read ahead for psychology
Reply 28
Good luck with everything!!! You seem to be doing some intense revision!! Lmk if you need any help with bio/chem :smile:
Original post by kawehi
Good luck with everything!!! You seem to be doing some intense revision!! Lmk if you need any help with bio/chem :smile:

Thank you! And yes will do:smile:
I'm finding bio such a drag to learn any advice with that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by spiritless98
Thank you! And yes will do:smile:
I'm finding bio such a drag to learn any advice with that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like to go on Khan Academy when I can't be bothered to read the books! The videos are really good!
Update: Food and health F212: Revision done (done)
- Buffers exam qs (done)
- Rates notes (done)
Module 1 and 4 F215 (done)
- Notes on Eating behaviour attitude to foods culture and social learning (done) - mood left for psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
18/02/2016
- Revised for Kc, Rates, Buffers, Acids bases, equilibrium, Kw, orders etc (DONE)
Also came across a really good method to work out Kc if anyone's interested holla at me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reflection time!
-so I've realised that I'm most productive on school days and not the holidays (don't get me wrong I do get things done but not as productively as when I have sixth form- maybe because I don't have that pressure on me), and that's okay because everyone has their highs and lows. I kind of spend my whole morning sleeping (bad habits can not be done during Easter)
- I can't revise with music on because I get distracted by the lyrics! So Ive come across something new called study music which is really calming and helps you focus http://youtu.be/nR_G1SLPpZ4 (here's the link)
- I've adopted this new technique for revision- it works for biology and essay based subjects and I feel like it's working
The technique is as follows
- Read a textbook page a few times close the textbook then write down everything you remember come back and check what you've missed and keep a mental note of what you've missed.
- after doing the above and having good background knowledge I then make notes so it's not like I'm wasting time but I'm actually consolidating everything I've learnt-
- then topic specific exam questions
- once ive finished the content then go to timed exam questions

(This technique may not work for everyone but I've improved in biology slightly from a B last year to an A in my mocks, so it may work for you guys)
- Also, have some time to yourselves watch a movie, go out with friends and relax, it'll keep you motivated :smile:
I'll post some resources in a while such as chemistry power points, exam questions, notes, and some model essays for Psychology.

If you guys have any tips to share feel free to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Update 21/02/2016
- my holidays haven't been as productive as I've wished but I've made an action plan of what I need to do from now till exams to stay on target!
What I've done these holidays
- made all my f212 notes (but now need to memorise/understand and do lots of exam practice for this)
- made my acids, bases, buffers, entropy and lattice enthalpy notes done some past paper questions for each topic (Need to make sure I don't forget and do some exam qs onF322 and f324)
- Biology- these holidays for biology was unproductive I did a little bit of f212 and read through module 1 cellular control.
(finish off ecosystems by next week and start biotechnology, then recap f214)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will start being productive again from
today with no slacking and keep my
goals in mind.

22/02/16
- First two frees- study F212 (Done)
In the other two frees do exam questions on Buffers and Kc
(Done Kc questions)

- At home- (2 spreads from bio textbook) Done

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
23/02/2016
- Biology F215- 2 spreads from ecosystems (done)
- Buffers qs (I will attach these you may find them useful)
- Rates, Kc, Kw, Buffers, Acids bases questions from 3 legacy papers (jun 2002, Jan 2002 and Jan 2003) (done)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
24/02/2016
Revising for chemistry test and practical for the evening

Posted from TSR Mobile
26/02/2016

- finally kind of finished self teaching module 3 F215 which is ecosystems in biology!! That means I' only have one module left to self teach left in biology- and class will be a lot more engaging as I will have a good background knowledge of things!!
^ next step is to go over what I've learnt and start making notes on it.

- Started my F322 retake revision finally and made notes on equilibrium - as I didn't make a single note last year!

And that's all for today! Really need to start writing essays for my essay based subjects tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
where can u find legacy papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending