The Student Room Group

University of Buckingham 2017 Medicine entry

Hello Members,

I could not find a thread for 2017 entry into medicine and so I thought to start a new thread.

I have few questions about this course
What are the chances of getting GMC approval?
After paying 35000 pounds per annum, I would not like to put myself into a risky position. Any advice is much appreciated

thanks
Original post by Suuny24
Hello Members,

I could not find a thread for 2017 entry into medicine and so I thought to start a new thread.

I have few questions about this course
What are the chances of getting GMC approval?
After paying 35000 pounds per annum, I would not like to put myself into a risky position. Any advice is much appreciated

thanks

FYI if the course doesn't ultimately gain GMC approval, I believe there are contingency plans in place so that you will graduate from the University of Leicester.
Reply 2
Hey! Ive got an offer for January 2017 just waiting on results now to make sure i meet the offer. From speaking to the staff when visiting the university they explained that they are sure they will get GMC accreditation. You can read the GMC report on their website and they seemed quite pleased with how everything is going. However worst case scenario, what will happen is all students will be transfered to the university of Leicester. and will continue their studies there. Hope that helps !
Hello,
I am an international student and have applied to Buckingham but they have not proceeded my application yet as they said I have to provide the IELTS (7.5) :frown:((((( and UKCAT:frown::frown::frown:
anyone has the same thing ? are they really strict with the entry requirements regarding the English Language qualification
Reply 4
Anyone with an interview on the 14th of July?
Hi! A friend of mine of mine is planning to apply to the University of Buckingham for undergrad medicine. She is taking her interview soon and would like to know some details about the process as it is rather confusing. If anyone has received an offer or is already studying medicine there, could you please email me a detailed description of each station if possible? Thank you in advance!
Reply 6
Is the interview for 2016 entry or 2017 entry?
Reply 7
Original post by ayedanadeem
Hi! A friend of mine of mine is planning to apply to the University of Buckingham for undergrad medicine. She is taking her interview soon and would like to know some details about the process as it is rather confusing. If anyone has received an offer or is already studying medicine there, could you please email me a detailed description of each station if possible? Thank you in advance!

Is this for 2016 entry or 2017 entry?
Reply 8
Original post by rekhagm
Is this for 2016 entry or 2017 entry?

At Buckingham the course starts in January, so 2016 entry has already passed. The next set of interviews is for January 2017 entry. :smile:
Yes, I had to do IETLS again and finally I got 8.0. Also, they need to see your grades. My UKCAT is on 11 July and interview on 14 July. Any tips on the interview will be much appreciated.
Original post by Eva carter
Hello,
I am an international student and have applied to Buckingham but they have not proceeded my application yet as they said I have to provide the IELTS (7.5) :frown:((((( and UKCAT:frown::frown::frown:
anyone has the same thing ? are they really strict with the entry requirements regarding the English Language qualification

Hey!! Im also international and had the same trouble with my IELTS but finally managed to get an 8.0 and confirmed my offer
Dont stop trying, you'll make it :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Roselyne15
Hey!! Im also international and had the same trouble with my IELTS but finally managed to get an 8.0 and confirmed my offer
Dont stop trying, you'll make it :biggrin:

thank you very much Roselyne15, well I hope so as I'm waiting for the results to come up this weekend xx :s-smilie:
Reply 12
There's now a FB Group for the class of 2021

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending